HD DVR Receiver Cannot Find Satellite, Other SD Receivers Fine

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gauzeturbo

Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Michigan
I am a newer DirecTv subscriber (2 months) and came home from work today to find my very pregnant and agitated wife on bed rest saying that our HD receiver was down. It looks like the cabling is just fine, and the SD receivers in the house work just fine and have 90-100 percent signal strength; it is just that the HD DVR receiver cannot find any satellites to lock onto.

I did the reset several times, and the tech guy on the phone said they would get someone out here by Monday, but I am wondering if anyone on this forum may know what the deal is. The DVR box seems to be operating and I can still watch the shows I have recorded on there. Any ideas?

I am a newer DirecTv subscriber (2 months) and came home from work today to find my very pregnant and agitated wife on bed rest saying that our HD receiver was down. It looks like the cabling is just fine, and the SD receivers in the house work just fine and have 90-100 percent signal strength; it is just that the HD DVR receiver cannot find any satellites to lock onto.

I did the reset several times, and the tech guy on the phone said they would get someone out here by Monday, but I am wondering if anyone on this forum may know what the deal is. The DVR box seems to be operating and I can still watch the shows I have recorded on there. Any ideas?
Try shutting it down and unplugging it for about 30 minutes.

Which model DVR is it?

Mike

Did it work before but doesn't now? Like microbeta asked, which model do you have? Are there b band converters on the back? Do you have any signal strength on 99 or 103? Get back to us, maybe we can help.

Did it work before but doesn't now? Like microbeta asked, which model do you have? Are there b band converters on the back? Do you have any signal strength on 99 or 103? Get back to us, maybe we can help.

I believe it is the HR22, the one with the blue ring on the face. It cannot find any satellite, every number is 0 for strength. I do not have a b-band converter on the back. I'll try unplugging it over night here and see if it pops back on. It is weird because every other tv in the house works just fine. I get the 771 message while it searches for satellites 1&2.

I've been having the same problem off and on for the last few weeks with my HD H20. I knew the signal was good because other TV's throughout the house were working on the same dish. It would fix itself every couple of days and then go back to searching for signal.

I had to call direct tv and they sent a replacement receiver. It's been working fine since. You probably need a new receiver. My H20 would get extremely hot, the rep I spoke with with said they had a recall on them due to a lot of problems they were having. Hope that helps!

I've been having the same problem off and on for the last few weeks with my HD H20. I knew the signal was good because other TV's throughout the house were working on the same dish. It would fix itself every couple of days and then go back to searching for signal.

I had to call direct tv and they sent a replacement receiver. It's been working fine since. You probably need a new receiver. My H20 would get extremely hot, the rep I spoke with with said they had a recall on them due to a lot of problems they were having. Hope that helps!

There were problems with the H20-600's. In fact, they had an informal recall on them. Luckily my works fine.

Wow does this sound familiar! I am totally frustrated with my HD dvr. after talking to several different support people at Directv, i have finally been assigned a case worker to resolve the issue. I must have been told to unplug the unit and let it reset 8 times.

Of course, that worked.....for awhile. Then the picture starts pixellating then i get that annoying "searching for satellite signal" message. I can move one of my other receivers (non dvr and non HD) to the same tv and it works fine. So i know the signal is getting there. It just makes no sense to me.

The guy is coming next tuesday to try to fix this exasperating problem. I hope he does.

I have been having the same problem. 3 service calls later still having problem. The last service call the tech went through 3 *new* refurbished receivers fresh out of the box before he found one that worked, now two weeks later and both H20 receivers are doing the same thing again. I will be watching something and it is fine change the channel and come back and 771 code. The last time he replaced all cables and BBC and one brand new ( not refurbished) H21-200 that was a week old.

Readers Digest Version:
One month, 50+ man-hours of my time, 4 "tickets" from "case workers (what a joke)" + XX follow-ups from the contractor-techs (who all gave their personal cell numbers), am on my 3rd replacement DVR22, all new cables/connectors, replaced the the whole dish/components, internet research, discussions with Sony (have a 46k4100, etc. My second career for the month of March.

Still have pixel breakup, pauses (screen goes black) sometimes goes black when changing stations, "stutter" (video and audio). pauses, etc. it all comes and goes from both live and recorded.

One day last week, had 6 D* vans in front of my house, and seven techs and supervisors on my back patio (5 of which were shucking and jiving and offering promises but no ideas).

Have BEGGED for an engineer-level person, but they keep these people more secret than CIA operatives.

?????

i had this problem this week. the line going into tuner #2 didnt seekm to be working. i changed out bbc and everything was fine.

I have the HR-21 and have the same problems since I got home from out of town. Both recievers show no satellite signal and I also removed the B band converters and still no signal. I have no multiswitch either. Waiting for svc on Monday. They are a week out which really sucks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts