HD-DVR upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lakewoodvoomer

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
Is anyone aware of any promos for current DirecTV HD customers to upgrade to a HD-DVR?

They just dropped the price from $299 to $199. Deals seem to be much harder to get than previously (with a possible exception for those who currently have MPEG2-only equipment). Sometimes you can get credits, as well (I didn't a year ago).

Im in the LA area. The upgraded me from my HR10-250 to the HR21 for free. No charge, no subscription renewal, nada. I would say that there are some good deals to be had. ;)

I just called on Monday to get upgraded from my hr10-250. I got the new hr20 or hr21 (requested hr20 for OTA but we'll see when he gets here) and the new satellite dish for $99. Then the woman also gave me a year of the HD subscription for free. Plus there are no new commitments or anything. In the end I get upgraded for free plus $20.

The installer is coming today so we'll see how smooth the install goes.

By the way, that friggin new dish is MASSIVE! I live in a townhouse and my dish is installed next to my neighbors 3 lnb and it totally dwarfs it! I had to have the J bracket (under eave) mount used with 2 support braces on the facia boards! I thought we were supposed to be getting AWAY from the massive sat dishes mounted in your backyard!

By the way, that friggin new dish is MASSIVE! I live in a townhouse and my dish is installed next to my neighbors 3 lnb and it totally dwarfs it! I had to have the J bracket (under eave) mount used with 2 support braces on the facia boards! I thought we were supposed to be getting AWAY from the massive sat dishes mounted in your backyard!

It's not really that bad, yes it's bigger, but it's also collecting from 5 sats instead of 3.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts