HD-DVR upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lakewoodvoomer

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
Is anyone aware of any promos for current DirecTV HD customers to upgrade to a HD-DVR?

They just dropped the price from $299 to $199. Deals seem to be much harder to get than previously (with a possible exception for those who currently have MPEG2-only equipment). Sometimes you can get credits, as well (I didn't a year ago).

Im in the LA area. The upgraded me from my HR10-250 to the HR21 for free. No charge, no subscription renewal, nada. I would say that there are some good deals to be had. ;)

I just called on Monday to get upgraded from my hr10-250. I got the new hr20 or hr21 (requested hr20 for OTA but we'll see when he gets here) and the new satellite dish for $99. Then the woman also gave me a year of the HD subscription for free. Plus there are no new commitments or anything. In the end I get upgraded for free plus $20.

The installer is coming today so we'll see how smooth the install goes.

By the way, that friggin new dish is MASSIVE! I live in a townhouse and my dish is installed next to my neighbors 3 lnb and it totally dwarfs it! I had to have the J bracket (under eave) mount used with 2 support braces on the facia boards! I thought we were supposed to be getting AWAY from the massive sat dishes mounted in your backyard!

By the way, that friggin new dish is MASSIVE! I live in a townhouse and my dish is installed next to my neighbors 3 lnb and it totally dwarfs it! I had to have the J bracket (under eave) mount used with 2 support braces on the facia boards! I thought we were supposed to be getting AWAY from the massive sat dishes mounted in your backyard!

It's not really that bad, yes it's bigger, but it's also collecting from 5 sats instead of 3.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts