HD DVR wait list

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

firem110

Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
Niagara Falls
I was on a wait list for the new HD DVR. I called about 2 weeks ago and told it would be $99.00 if I swapped out my HD 10 DVR. Well today Directv called and said they were in and to call and set up an appointment. So I called and was told it would be $299. I asked for customer retention and was told the same thing. Then for some reason I was asked when the last time I ordered equiptment. well I ordered something in July. Now she tells me that I can only order 1 thing every 6 months. My questions are: has anyone heard of this before and what is everyone else paying for the HD DVR, and how can I get the $99.00 price I was first quoted.
Thanks.
Firem110

I was on a wait list for the new HD DVR. I called about 2 weeks ago and told it would be $99.00 if I swapped out my HD 10 DVR. Well today Directv called and said they were in and to call and set up an appointment. So I called and was told it would be $299. I asked for customer retention and was told the same thing. Then for some reason I was asked when the last time I ordered equiptment. well I ordered something in July. Now she tells me that I can only order 1 thing every 6 months. My questions are: has anyone heard of this before and what is everyone else paying for the HD DVR, and how can I get the $99.00 price I was first quoted.
Thanks.
Firem110

I paid $99 for 2 of them , and got $99 in programming credit , making them free....

I got my call yesterday to schedule my install. I was worried that the agreement I had come to with retention would be gone but the CSR had all the notes right in front of him.
So I will be getting a free trade out for the 10-250, which I will keep and use to replace my R-10 in the bedroom.
They will charge 49.00 for the dish but credit my account.

I was glad to see the notes were kept from September through October.

Damn I`m glad I ordered mine early {as soon as they came out} the one I have is still in the box.In the process of re-modeling the basement will be done next week.Then it will be time to break out the HR-20. Had a feeling the first batch would go quick and figured it might be awhile before the supply and demand were on equal terms again. I guess D*`s thinking/strategy what ever you want to call it,is to hit the market heavy just in time for the Christmas wish lists to come out and the next round of HR20`s will be everywhere.

I got the call yesterday and they offered me the bargain basement price of $299

I called to order a second one and the CSR told me 99$ but when she tried to put it into her computer it was rejected because of the 6 month rule. I could get it for $299 or wait until my 6 months are up. Sounds fair enough so I'm waiting.

In early October I had a series of bad installer visits and pushed it to retention. I asked: How many of these bad installers must I endure before D* is in breach of contract and my commitment is voided? Retention countered with a bunch of proramming credits and a free HD-DVR, provided I sign-up through the wait list.

So I entered the waitlist the next day (Oct 18). Yesterday I got the call for the DVR, it will beinstalled this Sunday afternoon (11/19).

The wait list is disapointing, especially if you are looking to get a HD TV for the holiday season!! We dont have a outdoor antanna, so OTA doent even look like a option. so it looks like we will be waiting a bit for HD pictures/channels if we purchase one.

You can get a quality OTA antenna for $50 and install it yourself in about 30 mins; so I would let that stop you from your TV purchase; plus you will want to have that added OTA ability regardless.

You can get a quality OTA antenna for $50 and install it yourself in about 30 mins; so I would let that stop you from your TV purchase; plus you will want to have that added OTA ability regardless.

Even with the HD "Bump" that we may have, I do plan on getiing one it looks like after "Black Friday" the prices will be real good LCD here I come

Granted, your location really dictates how well OTA will work. Check out http://www.antennaweb.org for details, the site will map your home address and tell what type of antenna will work and where to aim it.

Went online to place a order for a HDDVR last week, got the call today. They processed my info, next step is I will be called in a few days to set up the time and date!!!

HD-DVR order

I called DTV today. I was first told $199. then $99 then I was transfered to another rep who told me that because I'm a A list customer I can get it for free in 3-4 weeks, currently out of stock. SOLD!!!!! :D

I spoke to a CSR yesterday and she told me $299 and then apprx. 3-4 weeks, "not sure". She wouldn't budge after several requests. "A" list, west coast customer. No thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)