HD DVR wait list

Status
Please reply by conversation.

firem110

Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
Niagara Falls
I was on a wait list for the new HD DVR. I called about 2 weeks ago and told it would be $99.00 if I swapped out my HD 10 DVR. Well today Directv called and said they were in and to call and set up an appointment. So I called and was told it would be $299. I asked for customer retention and was told the same thing. Then for some reason I was asked when the last time I ordered equiptment. well I ordered something in July. Now she tells me that I can only order 1 thing every 6 months. My questions are: has anyone heard of this before and what is everyone else paying for the HD DVR, and how can I get the $99.00 price I was first quoted.
Thanks.
Firem110

I was on a wait list for the new HD DVR. I called about 2 weeks ago and told it would be $99.00 if I swapped out my HD 10 DVR. Well today Directv called and said they were in and to call and set up an appointment. So I called and was told it would be $299. I asked for customer retention and was told the same thing. Then for some reason I was asked when the last time I ordered equiptment. well I ordered something in July. Now she tells me that I can only order 1 thing every 6 months. My questions are: has anyone heard of this before and what is everyone else paying for the HD DVR, and how can I get the $99.00 price I was first quoted.
Thanks.
Firem110

I paid $99 for 2 of them , and got $99 in programming credit , making them free....

I got my call yesterday to schedule my install. I was worried that the agreement I had come to with retention would be gone but the CSR had all the notes right in front of him.
So I will be getting a free trade out for the 10-250, which I will keep and use to replace my R-10 in the bedroom.
They will charge 49.00 for the dish but credit my account.

I was glad to see the notes were kept from September through October.

Damn I`m glad I ordered mine early {as soon as they came out} the one I have is still in the box.In the process of re-modeling the basement will be done next week.Then it will be time to break out the HR-20. Had a feeling the first batch would go quick and figured it might be awhile before the supply and demand were on equal terms again. I guess D*`s thinking/strategy what ever you want to call it,is to hit the market heavy just in time for the Christmas wish lists to come out and the next round of HR20`s will be everywhere.

I got the call yesterday and they offered me the bargain basement price of $299

I called to order a second one and the CSR told me 99$ but when she tried to put it into her computer it was rejected because of the 6 month rule. I could get it for $299 or wait until my 6 months are up. Sounds fair enough so I'm waiting.

In early October I had a series of bad installer visits and pushed it to retention. I asked: How many of these bad installers must I endure before D* is in breach of contract and my commitment is voided? Retention countered with a bunch of proramming credits and a free HD-DVR, provided I sign-up through the wait list.

So I entered the waitlist the next day (Oct 18). Yesterday I got the call for the DVR, it will beinstalled this Sunday afternoon (11/19).

The wait list is disapointing, especially if you are looking to get a HD TV for the holiday season!! We dont have a outdoor antanna, so OTA doent even look like a option. so it looks like we will be waiting a bit for HD pictures/channels if we purchase one.

You can get a quality OTA antenna for $50 and install it yourself in about 30 mins; so I would let that stop you from your TV purchase; plus you will want to have that added OTA ability regardless.

You can get a quality OTA antenna for $50 and install it yourself in about 30 mins; so I would let that stop you from your TV purchase; plus you will want to have that added OTA ability regardless.

Even with the HD "Bump" that we may have, I do plan on getiing one it looks like after "Black Friday" the prices will be real good LCD here I come

Granted, your location really dictates how well OTA will work. Check out http://www.antennaweb.org for details, the site will map your home address and tell what type of antenna will work and where to aim it.

Went online to place a order for a HDDVR last week, got the call today. They processed my info, next step is I will be called in a few days to set up the time and date!!!

HD-DVR order

I called DTV today. I was first told $199. then $99 then I was transfered to another rep who told me that because I'm a A list customer I can get it for free in 3-4 weeks, currently out of stock. SOLD!!!!! :D

I spoke to a CSR yesterday and she told me $299 and then apprx. 3-4 weeks, "not sure". She wouldn't budge after several requests. "A" list, west coast customer. No thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts