hd dvrs now only 149 dollars

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does the R22 record HD?

as long as you have a "legit" HD receiver on the account then you can. The reason I say "legit" is I have 2 R22's and Directv wouldnt turn the HD on unless I had a HD receiver. So when they upgraded me to HD I got a H23 added to the account. Then the R22's had the HD turned on automatically :)

So, The R22s can do HD as well. Is it true you need BBCs on them if you do not have a SWM system? I am non-SWM but have 4 HR20s. I may add an HD Tv soon. It would be nice to add an R22 that can do DVR AND HD as well, cheaper than a full HD/DVR.

So, The R22s can do HD as well. Is it true you need BBCs on them if you do not have a SWM system? I am non-SWM but have 4 HR20s. I may add an HD Tv soon.

unless its a HR23 or H23 you need BBC's on the HD receivers (the 23's have them built in)

It would be nice to add an R22 that can do DVR AND HD as well, cheaper than a full HD/DVR.
yep when I upgraded they offered me a HD unit and install for $100...why should I pay $200 for a DVR when my R22's could do HD. The hard drive is only 320GB so its small but you can add a esata drive.

I think anytime you activate a new receiver you have to sign a new two year contract.

It's basically like a cell phone. A new Iphone 4s is not $200 alone. Your basically giving $200 for the device, and signing a contract which means you promise to pay them for the next two years.

Of course, a small portion of your monthly bill goes towards the device cost.

Now with Directv, a HD DVR is $199 (price is for the sake of argument).

Let's say full price of the HD DVR is $600.

Well when you pay $200 for the device, your contract says you will pay Directv for the next 24 months.

So for grins and giggles, $16.66 dollars is taken out for your bill each month for the device cost. Which equals $400 for the 24 month commitment.

I don't know much about sales, but I believe you can get up to 4 rooms free, so it is best to get all needed receivers at the time of signing up as a new customer.

Apples and Oranges. When you get a subsidized phone, its yours to keep. When you pay $200.00 for an HRDVR, its leased. There is no reason for a contract. If you cancel your services 3 months later, they will turn around and lease it to someone else for $200.00. Further, if you should stay for the 2 years and fulfill the contract but not return the receiver, they will charge the full price for the HDDVR and not credit you the $200.00 you initially paid. I don't have a big problem paying $200.00 for the new receiver or it being a lease, its the renewal of the contract that is a farce.

Thanks guys. I really need just an HD receiver but if I can get a DVR (R22) to work as an HD/DVR, then it's even better. I can pick up some BBCs so it's still cheaper than springing for a full HD/DVR upgrade.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts