HD for me?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stangflyer

Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
I am very new to satellite tv. I have the tv and the correct dish. (3lnb thing). The problem is I live in Grand Forks North Dakota. Zip code 58201. I am on vacation for 5 days and have spent a good 5 hrs a day trying to figure out exactly what I can get in HD. Apart from the Direct tv HD package I keep reading about OTA and having your receiver set to diff. markets etc. I think I am more confused than ever. Is there any way for me to get Fox on HD right now? I know my geographical location means that antartica will probably get HD before me :eek: but I bought the HD tivo and wonder if I should keep it or return it till some more HD comes out. Sorry for the long post.

Have you checked out your eligibility on the DirecTV website yet or called them?
http://directvdnseligibility.decisionmark.com/app/AddressEntry.asp

Based on what I saw by your zip alone, your best bet seems to be to have a decent OTA antenna or hope you might have a few network owned & operated affiliates, because you supposedly get a GRADE-A signal on all affiliates. AND antennaweb didn't show your local FOX as having DT yet, but they are sometimes a bit behind, so you MIGHT get FOX-HD from DirecTV. Being about 30 - 65 miles away from most of your towers, I would get a good gain antenna such as the Winegard 9032 or the 91XG or even the CM4228

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts