HD LiL Release Dates

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chrisacutler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
Long time lurker, first time poster. Anyhoo, I have a question.

Does anyone have any insight as to when the Oklahoma City locals in HD will go up? I know the D* press release says by the end of this year but was wondering if anyone has a more specific date they have heard.

Does anyone have any insight as to when the Oklahoma City locals in HD will go up? I know the D* press release says by the end of this year but was wondering if anyone has a more specific date they have heard.

Im have decided NOT to guess anymore, seeing it costantly changes ....
Thats why D* perfers to NOT let this type of info out to the public.

Jimbo

Since they are #46 in the DMA rankings, they should be in the next group of HD LIL cities. My guess is Mar-Apr in 2007. I'm hoping my city is in that next group too! :)

i can say that here in dfw, it sucks to have locals in hd over the sat, thats the number one reason why i wanted to HR20 and the KAKU dish, and i lost almost 10 hd channels because direct and the channels are not in agreement and such. I cant even get The CW in hd over the sat. So i said screw it and i just popped my OTA antenna cable into the back of my tv and i will watch it that way till Direct can get their S*** together...

So i said screw it and i just popped my OTA antenna cable into the back of my tv and i will watch it that way till Direct can get their S*** together...
I've been doing that all along, OTA signal is better and I don't have to pay anyone for them.

Jimbo

and thats why i keep going into the setup just to see if the new software has been downloaded.

Can someone give me a link to a OTA antenna for HD that I can buy for a pretty good deal? I don't want to be missing my football games in HD and I live in Albany, NY and still don't have my locals available in HD here.

You do not need, nor is there any such thing, as a HD antenna. Good old VHF/UHF depending on your zip code. Likely all you need would be a Channel Master CM4228 aimed correctly. Posting your actual zip code will help get you some more detailed info.

i can say that here in dfw, it sucks to have locals in hd over the sat, thats the number one reason why i wanted to HR20 and the KAKU dish, and i lost almost 10 hd channels because direct and the channels are not in agreement and such. I cant even get The CW in hd over the sat. So i said screw it and i just popped my OTA antenna cable into the back of my tv and i will watch it that way till Direct can get their S*** together...

Wel, get ready to pop your OTA antenna cable into your HR20... you should be getting the tuners turned on in the next week or two.

Can someone give me a link to a OTA antenna for HD that I can buy for a pretty good deal? I don't want to be missing my football games in HD and I live in Albany, NY and still don't have my locals available in HD here.

Here, try this: http://www.starkelectronic.com/cmant.htm

Scroll down the page to the Channel Master "4228" for $55. This antenna works great and few have better gain values. Search around and you may find a closer distributer for "Channel Master" antennas in your area.

Basically, a UHF antenna is an "HD" antenna. Advertise it as an "HD" antenna and charge more $$ for the EXACT same UHF antenna.

Check out this link: http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx for some EXCELLENT advice with antenna selection - and realistic expectations of performance based on your street address.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)