HD-Lite Class Action

SRW1000 said:
SUPPOSITION: People will get fed up reading all of the possible things that may or may not be true, or may or may not happen.

Without facts, we're just throwing out ideas of what we think is going on or will come to pass.
I 100% agree so let's stay away from SUPPOSITIONS, in fact I stopped reading your SUPPOSITIONS as they were clearly delusional.
SRW1000 said:
OK, it's a fact that people have posted that they've joined Dish for what they (mistakenly) believe is 30+ channels of HD programming. I don't think that's ever been disputed.

Sure, they exist. Again, I've never disputed that there are some.

FACT: Dish is signing up new customers because they are promising lots of HD programming.
To be honest you did dispute it in more than one post saying it was an "unknown", but you have admitted it now so let's move on.
SRW1000 said:
FACT: Some people have posted that they've left Dish because of this misrepresentation.
To make this a FACT can you give me some proof. I contend that some have posted their frustration with HD-Lite and say they are leaving, but that is not the same as actually cancelling DISH. Until it is FACT it is YOUR SUPPOSITION which we are staying away from.
I am sure they exist in fact I tried to give you 10 for the sake of argument.

My initial contention that this is a positive business decision by DISH as almost every new Metal Sub (minus the ones that don't have an alternative provider) could be counted as some one that wants DISHs Quantity of HD is proving to be a FACT. Even if you can prove that 1 or 2 people have left DISH because of HD-Lite to make that point a FACT and not still just your SUPPOSITION, the math is astronomically against HD-Lite having a negative impact on DISHs current business.

waltinvt said:
Look guys, they're pulling your chain because they have nothing better to do. Dish has even admitted they currently believe more customers prefer quantity over quality when it comes to HD.

Dish has (IMO) admitted their "HD" is NOT true HD since they no longer use the term "HD" but instead call it "DishHD" with a "tm" after it which means they probably intend to keep it this way for a while.
I 100% agree with everything you said.
Another thing we can expect to see for a while is DISH peppering us with new HD channels thanks to HD-Lite.
It has always been my contention that this is DISHs current business plan. When more bandwidth is available look for the plan to change. When their becomes a viable quantity+quality competitor look for the plan to change.

This isn't rocket science people there are restaurants all over our great nation that are attracting customers with their portions not their world renown chefs.

dslate69 said:
<snip>....Another thing we can expect to see for a while is DISH peppering us with new HD channels thanks to HD-Lite.
It has always been my contention that this is DISHs current business plan......
This isn't rocket science people there are restaurants all over our great nation that are attracting customers with their portions not their world renown chefs.
That's true but at least most people have enough restaurant choices to find the right balance ('cept my town) - sadly that's not the case for HD channels.

dslate69 said:
I 100% agree so let's stay away from SUPPOSITIONS, in fact I stopped reading your SUPPOSITIONS as they were clearly delusional.

To be honest you did dispute it in more than one post saying it was an "unknown", but you have admitted it now so let's move on.
Actually, I said it's unknown if Dish has gained more HD subscribers than they've lost because of downrezzing HD programming. Unless you have proof one way or another, it is supposition, not fact.

dslate69 said:
To make this a FACT can you give me some proof. I contend that some have posted their frustration with HD-Lite and say they are leaving, but that is not the same as actually cancelling DISH. Until it is FACT it is YOUR SUPPOSITION which we are staying away from.
One
Two
Three
Four

I'm sure there are more, but I'm not going to spend any more time searching for them. Plus, historically, when people post that they're leaving, the reaction is usually, "Don't let the door hit you in the butt." Knowing that, it stands to reason most people don't bother posting that they've left, they just disappear.

dslate69 said:
My initial contention that this is a positive business decision by DISH as almost every new Metal Sub (minus the ones that don't have an alternative provider) could be counted as some one that wants DISHs Quantity of HD is proving to be a FACT. Even if you can prove that 1 or 2 people have left DISH because of HD-Lite to make that point a FACT and not still just your SUPPOSITION, the math is astronomically against HD-Lite having a negative impact on DISHs current business.
How many people are subscribing to each of Dish's different metal packages? How many people subscribed to Dish HD before they went to the metal packages? How many people have left Dish because of poor HD quality? I don't believe Dish has released any of this information to the public. That makes your statements suppositions, but without facts, we can't determine if they are true or false.

But again, how much does Dish stand to lose (in attorney fees, bad publicity, court costs, possible judgements, etc.) if/when they are sued for the same reason that DirecTV is being sued? Is that going to surpass what they are gaining in the short term by offering large quantities of sub-HD programming?

Scott

dslate69 said:
It has always been my contention that this is DISHs current business plan. When more bandwidth is available look for the plan to change. When their becomes a viable quantity+quality competitor look for the plan to change.
Why would they change? They certainly haven't changed their SD programming, even as cable's quality is generally regarded to have improved considerably. If more bandwidth becomes available, look for it to be quickly gobbled up by more and more locals, so that people living in Fumbuck, ID can see all three of their network channels via Dish.

Or more pay-per-view. Or international stations. Or shopping channels.

It won't be used for quality. Dish will rely on customer ignorance, complacency, and lethargy to keep subscribers.

Unless the lawsuit changes the playing field.

Scott

SRW1000 said:
But again, how much does Dish stand to lose (in attorney fees, bad publicity, court costs, possible judgements, etc.) if/when they are sued for the same reason that DirecTV is being sued? Is that going to surpass what they are gaining in the short term by offering large quantities of sub-HD programming?
Ok you found 3, #2 said "I will dump DISH...". But I knew it was a fact that at least someone had left, I just wanted you to waste your time finding the post. ;)
DISH obviously has a net gain in overall HD subs the exact numbers are of couse speculative. It is funny though that 3 of your dish dumpers were from february. At least they "walked the walk", you got to respect that. :up

As for your statement of what you think DISH stands to lose, are you kiddin'?
Is that why you are still here, do you see some big pay day? Hate to break it to you but DISH won't lose a dime, I got a better case against my wrinkled pants.
And what will bad publicity do? Let subs know about HD-Lite? You know and you don't care, you keep sending DISH your check.:D

Yea... back in February... that's when men were men. :hatsoff:

SRW1000 said:
Why would they change?
Dish will rely on customer ignorance, complacency, and lethargy to keep subscribers.
I guess that's the description of all you guys that complain about HD-Lite and are still sending DISH a check. ;)

dslate69 said:
As for your statement of what you think DISH stands to lose, are you kiddin'?
Is that why you are still here, do you see some big pay day? Hate to break it to you but DISH won't lose a dime, I got a better case against my wrinkled pants.
And what will bad publicity do? Let subs know about HD-Lite? You know and you don't care, you keep sending DISH your check.:D
I've mentioned this before, but what makes you think I'm paying any money to Dish for their "HD" programming?

Dish has a lot to lose. If consumers are educated about what's happening, they'll have a big image problem to overcome. Unless they want to capture the HD ghetto that is HD Lite. Then they've got a good chance at cornering that market.

This will become more important as HD continues to take off while at the same time HDTVs become bigger and better. The possible negative publicity of a lawsuit could have a major impact on their future.

Scott

As the hd venue keeps expanding and when the hd dvd's come out someone will realize that <"hey, why does the hd on satellites and cable look so bad compared to dvdHD> Maybe I should just get cable for my locals and rent hd dvds.
Right now I am watching reruns of House MD from netflix and it is just as sharp as fox runs it in hd on dish.
What goes around comes around. They will have to change at some point in the ball game or go out of business. Technology will not stand for it.
Dave.

Hey, foghorn2 and dslate69! Where are your replies? I have been betting on at least 3 posts from each of you in response to a single message by a True HD defender. Don’t lose your breath, go on with your derision!

Petrovich said:
Hey, foghorn2 and dslate69! Where are your replies? I have been betting on at least 3 posts from each of you in response to a single message by a True HD defender. Don’t lose your breath, go on with your derision!
????
Is there a particular post # that I did not reply to?
I usually only reply to post that makes a logical, factual or intellectual observation, but in this thread I have had to lower my standards. I have definitely won the "DISH is gaining more than losing subs with HD-Lite" part of the debate.
But YOU are welcome to drop some science on me.

dslate69 said:
????
I usually only reply to post that makes a logical, factual or intellectual observation, but in this thread I have had to lower my standards. I have definitely won the "DISH is gaining more than losing subs with HD-Lite" part of the debate.

Have you ever thought of talking to someone about your over abundance of humility and general lack of self esteem?:eek:

Petrovich said:
And you, Brutus :(.

dslate69 said:
????

You are right, youv'e won the debate, and this may turn into a shouting match now.

Dish is winning too, because thaey fail to listen to the HD-Lightweights.

Now none of you 60 HD-Lightweights mess with the HD channels I willingly subscribe to from Dish. As Petrovich says, don't decide what me and my family can watch.

Just starting now?

foghorn2 said:
You are right, youv'e won the debate, and this may turn into a shouting match now.

Dish is winning too, because thaey fail to listen to the HD-Lightweights.

Now none of you 60 HD-Lightweights mess with the HD channels I willingly subscribe to from Dish. As Petrovich says, don't decide what me and my family can watch.
What you mean starting now, half this thread has been a shouting match. Very little has been fact based and opinions are just like a**es everyone has one. Only reason I'm looking at this anymore is Jerry Springer style amusement.

whatchel1 said:
What you mean starting now, half this thread has been a shouting match. Very little has been fact based and opinions are just like a**es everyone has one. Only reason I'm looking at this anymore is Jerry Springer style amusement.
"Springer style amusement", is there any other kind? :p
I hope if nothing else, I am not one of these posters that hauls off and calls someone a moron. Alot of times if I lose it and do need to call someone a moron it is wrapped in such a way that if they are a moron they don't understand that I just called them one. ;)
Of course that doesn't apply to anyone in this thread, except maybe the guy that thinks DVDs from netflix are "just as sharp as fox runs it in hd on dish".:D

dslate69 said:
I have definitely won the "DISH is gaining more than losing subs with HD-Lite" part of the debate.
I'm not sure what constitutes "winning" since you still haven't proven anything, you've just spouted speculation, which may or may not be true.

But, as long as Dish continues downrezzing their content, we all lose.

Some people can see that. Others can't. :(

Scott

SRW1000 said:
I'm not sure what constitutes "winning" since you still haven't proven anything, you've just spouted speculation, which may or may not be true.

But, as long as Dish continues downrezzing their content, we all lose.

Some people can see that. Others can't. :(
Alright, is it your contention that more subs are cancelling from a DISH HD package than joining a DISH HD package?
Let's stop the book long post to confuse the issue. Yes or No.
If you say Yes, I win the "good business decision debate".
If you say No, you better get in bed in case the Short Bus comes early tomorrow. ;)

dslate69 said:
Alright, is it your contention that more subs are cancelling from a DISH HD package than joining a DISH HD package?
Let's stop the book long post to confuse the issue. Yes or No.
If you say Yes, I win the "good business decision debate".
If you say No, you better get in bed in case the Short Bus comes early tomorrow. ;)
My contention is that we don't know. I don't believe Dish releases HD subscriber numbers. If you know otherwise, please fill us all in.

Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)