hd locals pittsburgh

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was given the same April 19 date from retention for Sacramento, CA.
Looks like it might actually happen.
No dates on MPEG-4 HD DVR though except some time this year.:eek:

Brewer4 said:
Get ready for Sharper1 to challenge you. Source please and make it snappy. ;)

All I challenge is the constant whining of users about -

"we were told April, so why aren't we on by April 1st, then 2nd or 3rd."

Until there is something official if the 4/19 turns out to be true, Great, but why hold your breath and worry over it? After guessing and claiming 100 different dates, one is finally bound to end up being correct or darn close.

Geez, go back and read all the post of users claiming the dates CSRs told them TNT HD or ESPN2 HD was coming online.

Makes me mad that D* will not put me in the Pittsburgh locals since they cover my area.

And this is great news without the mpeg4 HD DVR! For people that do not want to use a ant to get the signal!

charper1 said:

Until there is something official if the 4/19 turns out to be true, Great, but why hold your breath and worry over it? After guessing and claiming 100 different dates, one is finally bound to end up being correct or darn close.

Geez, go back and read all the post of users claiming the dates CSRs told them TNT HD or ESPN2 HD was coming online.

Many of us are here because we are trying to get any tidbits of information before any official word comes out.
Gives us something to look forward to.:)
I spend a good portion of the day scouring for info on HD-DVD and Blu-Ray as well.
I know it's a senseless waste of time.

Eric Goempel said:
Makes me mad that D* will not put me in the Pittsburgh locals since they cover my area. And this is great news without the mpeg4 HD DVR! For people that do not want to use a ant to get the signal!

Your DBS company does not make the DMA areas, they only enforce (by law) the DMA zip code databases they are given

cal87 said:
Many of us are here because we are trying to get any tidbits of information before any official word comes out. Gives us something to look forward to.:) I spend a good portion of the day scouring for info on HD-DVD and Blu-Ray as well. I know it's a senseless waste of time.

That part is all well and good; same reason I come here, as well as to try and help with any real problems. Its those that take the tiny tidbits of rumor and instantly turn it into the law and they use it to complain that irk everyone. We all want the same goal, but large companies have very good reason for not releasing time sensitive forward looking info too soon, just the way it is. They are really in a damned if they do/don't place.

Eric Goempel said:
Makes me mad that D* will not put me in the Pittsburgh locals since they cover my area.

And this is great news without the mpeg4 HD DVR! For people that do not want to use a ant to get the signal!

eric,

you said you live in salem ohio (44287) that is no where near blitzburgh, 44287 is cleveland all day long.

I am on the edge of the current spot beam satellite. I was hoping that the new bird would not be a spotbeam, or would have extended area.

hd locals

If you go to hdtv forum you will see schedule for hd locals roll out

charper1 said:

go to hdtv forum there is a schedule from directv for roll uts and dates:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)