HD Nationals: The 10 Most Needed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
He posted in another thread that the new box fee's had driven up his cost, as it has for other dish subs. Also, I was glad to see he noticed that the D* PQ was an improvement over Dish's. So many fought this in the past, but more and more converts are agreeing. I still think the order has to be: 1) FIOS, 2) Directv, 3) Dish

Having tried each satellite provider and Comcast in the last year, I'd have to say DirecTV is the best, but Dish is a distant third behind DirecTV and Cable. I cannot try FiOS and I likely never will be able to unless I move to a place they like better.

Having tried each satellite provider and Comcast in the last year, I'd have to say DirecTV is the best, but Dish is a distant third behind DirecTV and Cable. I cannot try FiOS and I likely never will be able to unless I move to a place they like better.

I guess my big issue with Cable is the lack of HD channels in markets, that we as sat subs have gotten used to (some markets only have 40-50), and those damn 20 hour Moto HDDVR's.

Business Standpoint: :)

E! HD
TruTV HD
BBCA HD

My WishList:

E! HD > TruTV HD; WeTV HD; BBCA HD;

G4 HD; DIY HD;

CurrentTV HD; Wealth TV HD

the remaining HBO's and Cinemax's - everyone else has them
BBCA - hugely popular
AMC - Breaking Bad and Mad Men
HLN - people love news channels
Fuse - a music channel that actually has music
Nat Geo Wild - educational and fun for the whole family
Fox Soccer Channel and Fox Soccer Plus - isn't D* "The HD sports leader"???
All missing RSN's - everyone deserves to see their hometown sports

Well, I'm VERY happy with the latest premium channel additions--it's about time!

That said, I'd love to see:
1. HBO Comedy (if I had to choose between Zone and Comedy I'd have picked Comedy)--replace HBO Family west if you need to.
2. Epix 1 & 2
3. MTV & VH1 Suites--I don't know if these are in HD yet, but I'd love to see them even in SD, considering MTV & VH1 could care less about actually playing music videos these days!
4. Additional Cinemax (at least Thriller and 5StarMax)
5. IndiePlex/RetroPlex (considering D* is basically owned by Liberty I don't see how E* has them and D* doesn't)
6. BBCA HD

Other than that, I couldn't be happier... and the latest additions have pretty much taken away the jealousy I had over E*'s premium lineup--it's still not perfect, but it's a HUGE leap better than they had!

I'd also like to see an HD-only package--considering most of the channels I like are now in HD it'd be nice to save a few bucks for the HD feeds only.

--Nat

Well, I'm VERY happy with the latest premium channel additions--it's about time!

That said, I'd love to see:
1. HBO Comedy (if I had to choose between Zone and Comedy I'd have picked Comedy)--replace HBO Family west if you need to.
2. Epix 1 & 2
3. MTV & VH1 Suites--I don't know if these are in HD yet, but I'd love to see them even in SD, considering MTV & VH1 could care less about actually playing music videos these days!
4. Additional Cinemax (at least Thriller and 5StarMax)
5. IndiePlex/RetroPlex (considering D* is basically owned by Liberty I don't see how E* has them and D* doesn't)
6. BBCA HD

Other than that, I couldn't be happier... and the latest additions have pretty much taken away the jealousy I had over E*'s premium lineup--it's still not perfect, but it's a HUGE leap better than they had!

I'd also like to see an HD-only package--considering most of the channels I like are now in HD it'd be nice to save a few bucks for the HD feeds only.

--Nat

There is an HD only package. HD Extra. 7 HD only channels for 4.99 a month.

DIRECTV: Premiums : HD Extra Pack : Overview

the remaining HBO's and Cinemax's - everyone else has them
BBCA - hugely popular
AMC - Breaking Bad and Mad Men
HLN - people love news channels
Fuse - a music channel that actually has music
Nat Geo Wild - educational and fun for the whole family
Fox Soccer Channel and Fox Soccer Plus - isn't D* "The HD sports leader"???
All missing RSN's - everyone deserves to see their hometown sports

276 is NAT GEO in HD !

I've seen some people suggest Chiller HD but AFAIK, the channel doesn't exist yet. It was supposed launched a while back but NBC Universal postponed/canceled that.

I've seen some people suggest Chiller HD but AFAIK, the channel doesn't exist yet. It was supposed launched a while back but NBC Universal postponed/canceled that.

You mean the HD version ?
Chiller is on 257 been there for quite awhile now. Don't watch it much, but every once in a while.

I think he's referring to something like DISH's Turbo pack where EVERYTHING you get is HD and thats it.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking--I don't want to pay extra for the DVR and their extra fees so wouldn't switch over it... but if D* offered something similar, with the number of HD channels they now have, I'd consider it.

--Nat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts