HD Nationals: The 10 Most Needed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah, E* and Cablevision have it, no GOOD reason why we can't too.

E* has $ 17 p/m HD DVR's ...... we don't want them do we ?

Just because E* has something doesn't mean we need it.

Programming is different, the more the better as long as we don't start losing QUALITY.

E* has $ 17 p/m HD DVR's ...... we don't want them do we ?

Just because E* has something doesn't mean we need it.

Programming is different, the more the better as long as we don't start losing QUALITY.

We don't need TV at all, but it sure helps pass endless hours of free time.

This is the only 5 they need to add........

1. Turner Classic Movies
2. Turner Classic Movies
3. Turner Classic Movies
4. Turner Classic Movies
5. Turner Classic Movies

And yes, I am an old fart.

I am theirs forever.

Last edited:
I only really have one channel I want to see that's not currently on D* in HD. that's DIY!

As for some of the other requests, I am not sure Cooking Channel is in HD.....remember it just launched May 30th. after being FLN before.

Some of the other requets I am not sure would happen soon....the word you keep hearing out of D* is AMC isn't anytime soon sounds like a contract issue there. G4 and E! are both owned by Comcast so I am sure getting a contract there could be an issue. BBCA just changed presidents so everything was on hold there for a while.

DirecTV had said in the past they have no interest in Epix based on what the asking price was for the channel.

That was just a name change ... however, I can't remember what it was before that.

It was Fine Living according to the Wiki. This is odd because Scripps also owns the other cooking channel, Food Network.

I enjoyed some of it when it was Fine Living. Always wondered why they didn't have it in HD like Food Network and HGTV.

Some, not all. Epix, TCM, G4, BBCA, HBos and Cinemax, Starz Retro/Indie are all on Dish. Epix is partially owned by Paramount, so their exclusives are all there... Ironman, Star Trek, etc. Cool channel.

AMC is Rainbow/C*, so it'll never be there.

Africa, Fearnet, and Cooking Channel HD launch later on.

S~

Dish does not have all the HBO/MAX HD channels. FIOS and ATT are the only two that have all 26 I do believe.

AMC.... Rainbow or not, this is a staple of American cable TV and MUST be added in HD. If and when I can get FIOS again I am out. I want Breaking Bad and Mad Men in HD. No excuse for not having it on DirecTV.

Dish does not have all the HBO/MAX HD channels. FIOS and ATT are the only two that have all 26 I do believe.

AMC.... Rainbow or not, this is a staple of American cable TV and MUST be added in HD. If and when I can get FIOS again I am out. I want Breaking Bad and Mad Men in HD. No excuse for not having it on DirecTV.

Will it never end ..... :rolleyes:

Couple weeks ago it was another channel that was a MUST that all were screaming about, now suddenly AMC is the one that HAS to be there.

I have probably watched AMC 10 times in 6 years.

Will it never end ..... :rolleyes:

Couple weeks ago it was another channel that was a MUST that all were screaming about, now suddenly AMC is the one that HAS to be there.

I have probably watched AMC 10 times in 6 years.

I have been asking for this channel for a couple YEARS. Probably as long as you and I have disagreed or argued on these boards.

I would have said the same thing about watching it 10 times in six years too but that was before they began airing their original series. Breaking Bad and Mad Men are two of the BEST shows on TV today. I don't watch their commercial movies. I have all the premium channels and never watch commercial movies. 99% of the people wanting AMC HD want it for the series, not the crappy movies. They have another series starting and the sneak preview looked pretty good. I'd say they are well on their way to being one of the TOP entertainment channels, right up their with the popular A&E and all their popular series. AMC HD is a must.

I have been asking for this channel for a couple YEARS. Probably as long as you and I have disagreed or argued on these boards.

I would have said the same thing about watching it 10 times in six years too but that was before they began airing their original series. Breaking Bad and Mad Men are two of the BEST shows on TV today. I don't watch their commercial movies. I have all the premium channels and never watch commercial movies. 99% of the people wanting AMC HD want it for the series, not the crappy movies. They have another series starting and the sneak preview looked pretty good. I'd say they are well on their way to being one of the TOP entertainment channels, right up their with the popular A&E and all their popular series. AMC HD is a must.

I am watching "Sell this House" and I do catch CSI Miami on it, so I do watch it more than I mentioned. Outside of a few , thats it.

Time Warner Cable in my area carries everything. All the channels everyone has listed as well as the premiums in HD. As for me D* needs to add G4 and AMC and then I'd be good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts