HD NEWS Baseball Highlights....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Boondockbill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
are simply awesome. Looks like the 1080i I'm used too. I noticed their feed said Fox Sports. 1. is Fox Sports using HD anywhere? 2. Is/will it be in the glorious 1080i?

When someone started the thread earlier about ESPN HD and their using the lackluster 720p, well, this confirms everything.

ESPN HD 720p is barely better than a 1st generation C-Band picture. But Voom HD NEWS sports highlights are indeed a pleasure to watch. You just can't beat 1080i. I wish everyone would adopt the obviously superior 1080i format. I'm even thinking of drooping ESPN HD and, well, my DISH HD package. It's just not worth the $15 a month. I'll stick with VOOM, my OTA, and my BUD.

BB

BB,

did you notice that the sports section is getting a lot of HD highlights. I saw FoxSports Net from Houston this am.

I love those highlights.

Also, they now have their own cameras shooting HD highlights of presidential conferences. This am they showed a highlihgt of sharon and bush. I love this channel and only can get better.

Yeah, you're right. I also feel it's the best Voom channel to view. I start and end with it every time. After watching the baseball highlights, going back to ESPNHD is like going back to SD.

BB

Most regional Fox Sports channels are doing HD right now and 90% are 720p. MSGHD and FSNYHD which are owned by Cablevision are pretty much the only regional sports networks that use 1080i. Cablevision has been doing HD in NY since I believe 2000.

WGN in Chicago here is 1080i and is broadcasting all Cubs, Sox and Bulls home games in HD. I would hope to see more highlights of the Chicago team's home games on HDNews for this reason. Gotta show any HD they can!

Of course, wouldn't it be funny if the clips Bill is referring to were FSN 720p clips? Which is, of course, extremely likely since most of FSN isusing 720p.

-MP

This channel is great . It reminds me how CNN started...Only getting better and better. HD=Voom

pdqbobe said:
This channel is great . It reminds me how CNN started...Only getting better and better. HD=Voom
Hopefully HDNews doesn't go the route of CNN. Maybe Headline News, which I used to enjoy in the days before the internet. That's just it, though, you can't survive just doing the news. You have to provide entertainment to succeed. CNN has fallen behind FNC because they failed to grasp the entertainment aspect. Say what you want about these two guys, but Aaron Brown puts you to sleep while O'Reilly engages your attention one way or the other.

arguing bout 720p vs 1080i is like askin what came first the chicken or the egg. u will never hear the end of it.

1080i mode has 115,200 more valid pixels than 720p. If the number of pixels alone determines the better resolution, then 1080i resolution is better. However, if progressive-scan (non-interlaced) graphics is preferred over interlaced graphics, then 720p may be better.

Yes I think 1080i is better and I wasnt aware of it but even my local ABC affiliate converts 720p to 1080i!!!

Go look at ESPN HD Sunday night baseball. Then watch MLB highlights on HDN. That's all you have to do for a comparison. 1080i wins hands down.

BB

Those highlights look terrific. However, they are one big tease. I want my ESPN-HD and I want it now. I am missing so many post season NBA and NHL games in HD already it is getting ridiculous. Please VOOM, add ESPN now, we are missing a lot of great stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)