HD News looking washed out?

GadgetRick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
Near NYC
Last night, believe it or not, I tuned to HDN to check on some scores (thank goodness I can just go to ESPN now!!!). Anyway, I noticed the picture was as sharp as ever but the shots in the studio seems to have less vibrant colors. They were almost washed out actually. The maps and other eye candy looked great, just the shots in the studio. This happened from different cameras as well.

Anyone else notice this last night? I've not checked it today.

The Rickster

I noticed it too last night. But again, I know that VOOM will end up fixing it like they have with other PQ problems (except the snowy SD stuff)

Checked it out again...

I checked it out again. Had the same lady as the anchor. Had the same washed-out look. I think it's actually her makeup and the lighting. I looked a little more closely and noticed the background wasn't washed out, just her face.

The Rickster

My DVI washes out, so I have been going with component. Now I see all of the MPEG noise

I concur, GadgetRick, I got my pj hooked up last night after a 3 week absence and the first thing I checked out was HDN and it looked great until I looked at her face. Maybe she has zits and is wearing way too much makeup.

Walter L. said:
Maybe a wardrobe malfunction :D
Maybe she should remove her wardrobe to see if it improves the "flatness". :p

Oh, wrong channel, that's the "New Flash"! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts