HD News New Years Eve Times Square? Yes, but how much coverage?

patrickpiteo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
I saw last night a info scroll on the bottom of HD News that said they would be doing New Years Eve from Times Square. Does anybody have any more information on it... :D

I wouldn't count on them being there the entire time, it say's "Coverage", so they will probably just show clips on and off an be there for the final ball drop.

DarrellP said:
I wouldn't count on them being there the entire time, it say's "Coverage", so they will probably just show clips on and off an be there for the final ball drop.
Better then nothing..

HDNET will be doing a behind the scenes look at dropping the ball and cover the event live. I sure wish Voom could get HDNET.

Their online schedule says HDnet is only doing the behind the scenes part.... have the posted elsewhere that they are actually covering the even live?

BTW DarrelP as far as your mosquito noise on voom, I too have noticed it on some programming but I recently moved my box off 1080i to 720p because my projector was overscanning like crazy on 1080i and I noticed almost all the noise is gone on 720p channels vs 1080i.... just curious if youve tried that(i assume you have).

I still have an AE100 (poor college student still) so I have a 106 inch screen but not a terribly good projector so my projector is probably masking some of the noise when it downrezzes the HD.... but still it was a very noticable difference between the two settings.

Here's a paste from my HDNET schedule: They are covering an entire hour of behind the scenes, plus live for the drop;

9:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM PT - * Premiere *
The Doobie Brothers Live at Wolf Trap
The Doobie Brothers have never sounded better! This concert, recorded at a sold out Wolf Trap National Park in Virginia, contains all their most famous songs, plus some rarities. From rock to soul to blues, this set contains a lot of magic. Tune in and "listen to the music"!

10:30 PM ET / 7:30 PM PT
Bikini Destinations
Alaska - Glaciers and bikinis? You won't believe your eyes as Bikini Destinations guides you through the wilderness of Alaska. Join our models as they explore the natural wonders and icy utopia found in our largest state.

11:00 PM ET / 8:00 PM PT
InFocus
Ultimate Access - New Year's Ever Times Square - What if the famous crystal ball doesn't drop? What if the electricity that lights up the world's biggest New Years party is cut off? And what if something much, much worse happens? Countdown to midnight with us.

12:00 AM ET / 9:00 PM PT
The Doobie Brothers Live at Wolf Trap
The Doobie Brothers have never sounded better! This concert, recorded at a sold out Wolf Trap National Park in Virginia, contains all their most famous songs, plus some rarities. From rock to soul to blues, this set contains a lot of magic. Tune in and "listen to the music"!

I think the 11:00 InFocus is just a repeat of the same 8:00 program, sure wish it was live though...

Double check, I think what I said is indeed true :(

Notice at 8:00 it says premiere and at 11 no highlight

San Francisco Bay Area Free HDnet on Kron's 4.2

Just a Note...

San Francscio Bay Area Voomers

.... Point your Digital Antenna to Sutro Tower :D

and get HDnet (ota) the best HD ota signal feed out via

SF's KRON TV4 Digital 4.2 HD feed :D

Happy New Year :cool:

Voomster :rainbow

According to HDnews:

"Watch the Ball Drop in NYC "New Year's Eve in HD" our HD Team is front and center from Times Square to count down the new year. " I also saw that they will have coverage from two other locations. Do not remember if it was New Olearn and LA.

Sean Mota said:
According to HDnews:

"Watch the Ball Drop in NYC "New Year's Eve in HD" our HD Team is front and center from Times Square to count down the new year. " I also saw that they will have coverage from two other locations. Do not remember if it was New Olearn and LA.

I heard New Orleans and Vegas!!

patrickpiteo said:
Better then nothing..
Might as well be nothing then. Seriously do they think I am going to watch HDnews on new years eve in hopes of seeing some clips? Cover the damn event and give people a reason to watch the channel! IMO Hdnews is almost as worthless as Moov.

Im wondering if it will be LIVE from those locations. Does anyone know? Pretty cool if it is.

vurbano said:
Might as well be nothing then. Seriously do they think I am going to watch HDnews on new years eve in hopes of seeing some clips? Cover the damn event and give people a reason to watch the channel! IMO Hdnews is almost as worthless as Moov.

LOL LOL Man tell us how you feel. Just had to laugh always liked your posts..

The proof is in the pudding, extremely soft, pixelating picture. Now who think's Voom is not choking bandwidth? This picture is not even worthy of broadcasting.

I disagree Darrellp it has nothing to do with bandwith but the poor climate conditions in New Orleans. The Las Vegas and NYC live feed have looked fine.

Highlights of HDNet Programming for Holidays

Starz HD East: Cold Mountain 9pm ET

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)