HD On Demand

sbhnet

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Carrollton, TX
I saw a quick commercial that promoted HD on Demand. What??? Who's got that? I've checked all of my on demand options and I'm not finding it. Has anyone heard of a rollout schedule? I'm feeling like we're really overdue on getting more HD channels. I'm starting to get jealous (sort of) of the DirectTV subscribers... I'm in the North TX area.

sbh

It's been out for about 2months. The HD VOD movies run about 10.99 each and there's some other HD poop worthy programming for free.

I'm surprised that they're running spots pushing a feature that's not available in all markets. I also saw something that said they're going to have 150 HD channels by the end of the year. Everyone that believes that, raise your hand!! ;)

I'm surprised that they're running spots pushing a feature that's not available in all markets. I also saw something that said they're going to have 150 HD channels by the end of the year. Everyone that believes that, raise your hand!! ;)

I GOT A FINGER UP!!

Well, I discovered yesterday that it's now available in N. Texas. It looks like most of the movies are $5.99. There are currently only 2 events, and they're both $9.99. There are other channels that have VOD, and those shows are free.

OK... so I'm ready for all the "new" HD channels!!

Just got it in New York City area: go to the On Demand menu, choose Browse, then High Definition. There are LOTS of choices in 3 folders: HDTV (FREE stuff), HD Movies ($4.99-$5.99) and HD Events $9.99-up). All in true 1080i HDTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)