Reporting Theft

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lonewolf967

Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
[FONT=&quot] OK, I read the rules, I understand them, so at the risk of getting banned, I'll ask a question. I know clown who's stealing satellite service. I did a Google search to find out where i could report this, but the sites that purport to do that have you jump through so many hoops that i began to think the sites themselves are some sort of scam.
I also did a quick search of the forums on this site, and found no answer to my question, so I'll ask: To whom does one report the theft of satellite service? I don't imagine my local police department would be eager to investigate, and besides, I'd love to bring the FBI down on this pinhead.[/FONT]

Just curious. How do you know this guy is stealing it? I only ask because people who do steal cable or satellite seem to like to brag about it. You would think that if they were stealing it, am I'm not condoning that, they'd just keep their mouths shut. I use to have a neighbor stealing cable and he not only bragged about it, but told people how he did it. I guess he told one person too many because the cable company came down on him.

Are they stealing Dish or Direct? I would contact whichever company they are stealing service from. My guess is Dish as it is much easier to "crack"

Just curious. How do you know this guy is stealing it? I only ask because people who do steal cable or satellite seem to like to brag about it. You would think that if they were stealing it, am I'm not condoning that, they'd just keep their mouths shut. I use to have a neighbor stealing cable and he not only bragged about it, but told people how he did it. I guess he told one person too many because the cable company came down on him.

He only thinks the guy is stealing because of what the front of his house looks like. :D

Attachments

• Amazing552.jpg
    Amazing552.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 562
Are they stealing Dish or Direct? I would contact whichever company they are stealing service from. My guess is Dish as it is much easier to "crack"

I remember when it was the other way around. It was rampant on D* about 10 years ago. Almost everyone I knew who had D* was stealing it. Everyone I knew who had E* wasn't.

If its DISH Network then you can email signal.integrity@echostar.com

However I wouldn't even waste your time because I doubt that anything will be done about it!

From what I have been told the only people they are going after are the dealers that are based in the US that have made it a business to sell modified access cards or are activly selling in with illegal software!

They will not even go into Canada. We had a guy here in Windsor Ontario Canada advertising Illegal hacked FTA in the Detroit News, me and the district sales manager for DISH went over there to pay the guy a visit and confirmed what he was doing was illegal. Turned over the information to signal integrity and NOTHING HAPPENED

Its like the war on drugs. Call the police and tell them your neighbor is smoking marajuana on his front porch, I doubt they would even take the time to send someone out to put a stop to it. Call the police and tell them that your neighbor is selling drugs out of his home, or is operating a Meth Lab in his basement and the police are all over it!

If it were my neighbor, it wouldn't bother me. It's his business. But my advice would be, unless he's an enemy of yours and you just want to stick it to him, don't try to be a hero. As it could come back to bite you. I also dont condone piracy, however when you cause hardship to a man (and ultimately his family)...as they say "payback is hell". :D It's a strange world we live in today.

Odd how we haven't heard from the original poster after all these responses.

[FONT=&quot] OK, I read the rules, I understand them, so at the risk of getting banned, I'll ask a question. I know clown who's stealing satellite service. I did a Google search to find out where i could report this, but the sites that purport to do that have you jump through so many hoops that i began to think the sites themselves are some sort of scam.
I also did a quick search of the forums on this site, and found no answer to my question, so I'll ask: To whom does one report the theft of satellite service? I don't imagine my local police department would be eager to investigate, and besides, I'd love to bring the FBI down on this pinhead.[/FONT]

With everything going on in this world today, your post makes me want to vomit. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

I saw my neighbor robbing the corner 7/11.
Mind my own business or report it?

My neighbor told me how he defrauded the bank and got away with it.

I see my 20 year-old neighbor beating up on a 12 year-old kid.

I see my neighbor stealing before my very eyes and he turns to me to brag about it.

See ya
Tony