HD only favorites on HR20-100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bubbers44

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 6, 2006
I tried to make a favorites HD only custom 1 guide to easily browse the HD channels and it worked but then I could not get it back to all channels so my wife could browse pay per views, etc. I tried pressing guide several times and menu but could not get "all channels" on guide until I deleted the custom1 option I had set up. Then I got all channels again. I know I can hit guide twice, hit channel down to HD and be in all HD again but it is not convenient. Also thanks to a post here found the back button will get me back in HD guide after selecting a channel but my Harmony remote requires going into another menu to get the back key so it is easier to dig up the other remote. Any advice? Thanks Yes, I know I could teach the Harmony the back key but every time I try to change something it is at least three hours of redoing things.

One of the recent CE updates for the HR20-700 added the "back" function to the left arrow for cases when it doesn't interfere with the need for a true left arrow function. I suspect this will make it to a national release (including the HR20-100) soon.

One of the recent CE updates for the HR20-700 added the "back" function to the left arrow for cases when it doesn't interfere with the need for a true left arrow function. I suspect this will make it to a national release (including the HR20-100) soon.

Good, that will work well with the Harmony universal remote and fix the problem. Thanks

No matter what you do when creating a custom fav's list, there will always be an "All Channels" (basically "channels I receive") option that is the default. To change to that, simply press MENU from just about any page or status and scroll down to FAVORITES. When this submenu opens, you will see ALL CHANNELS followed by your custom favorite lists. Scroll up to ALL CHANNELS, wait a second for the dot to appear next to ALL CHANNELS, then press your left arrow key or back button to return to the previous menu options. Now, the next time you press GUIDE (once or twice depending on your default settings) you will see all of your channels.

Is there a simple way to switch from All channels to your Custom Favorites. My Custom Favorites 1 is all HD Channels. Is there a way to hit menu twice (which I know doesn't work) to easily switch. Or do I have to access the favorites menu every time I want to view a different favorite. I switched from the E* VIP622 to the HR20 and trying to figure things out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts