Please reply by conversation.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
New sub here. Well, I will be when they come install next Wed. I have Dish also. I see where Dish is expected to offer hd only package coming next month for $30 a month. No sd. Just wondering if Direct has the same type of package.

I don't think we'll see this from D* anytime soon since most HD channels are mainstream and tied to the regular packages.

Dish offered this before and pulled it, and old subs with that pack didn't get any new HD channels after that. E* still has a lot of mainstream channels to add later this year whent their new sats are up.

This new rumored Dish Network ALL HD pack is a little different than before. Supposedly you can sign on to E* with this $29.99 pack (no SD channels), add $5 for local HDs, and $10 for all the HD versions of the premium movies (HBOHD, SHOHD, StarzHD and CinemaxHD). If true it can be popular. The pack is posted at E* booth at CES.

I agree though such package will be much better served if D* has it. The large number of D* HD channels now cover almost all interests. With E* if you have kids for example, such pack will not work because so far there are no kids friendly HD channels available.

This new rumored Dish Network ALL HD pack is a little different than before. Supposedly you can sign on to E* with this $29.99 pack (no SD channels), add $5 for local HDs, and $10 for all the HD versions of the premium movies (HBOHD, SHOHD, StarzHD and CinemaxHD). If true it can be popular. The pack is posted at E* booth at CES.

I agree though such package will be much better served if D* has it. The large number of D* HD channels now cover almost all interests. With E* if you have kids for example, such pack will not work because so far there are no kids friendly HD channels available.

There are a few so far in the 290's

There is no way that rumour is true.

I don't think we'll see this from D* anytime soon since most HD channels are mainstream and tied to the regular packages.

Dish offered this before and pulled it, and old subs with that pack didn't get any new HD channels after that. E* still has a lot of mainstream channels to add later this year whent their new sats are up.

I think Charlie's trying to stop the bleeding with smoke and mirrors,Something he is very good at.:rolleyes:

I think Charlie's trying to stop the bleeding with smoke and mirrors,Something he is very good at.:rolleyes:

That is certainly very possible, but remember while some of his smoke and mirrors broke, some did come true. One thing you can count on is he will do anything to stop the bleeding if necessary.

In a selfish way I wish D* all the glory so he is forced to take drastic measures. And you never know D* can follow, it happened many times before.

The $29.99 DISH All HD pack appears to be coming. I do not know where this all the HD premiums for $10 add on is coming from, I will believe this only when it is announced officially buy E*, but I doubt their is any thing to this, I do not see how E* or HBO, Cinamax, Showtime or Starz could make any money on this. I suspect this rumor comes from wishful thinking and or a misunderstanding somewhere.

The $29.99 DISH All HD pack appears to be coming. I do not know where this all the HD premiums for $10 add on is coming from, I will believe this only when it is announced officially buy E*, but I doubt their is any thing to this, I do not see how E* or HBO, Cinemax, Showtime or Starz could make any money on this. I suspect this rumor comes from wishful thinking and or a misunderstanding somewhere.

I agree, however the Cinemax pack for 0.01 deal is a reality, though it is not public, but I don't see why it can not be added to this $30 pack, if only the HD version. So $30.01 for all the HD's on E* including Cinemax HD ain't bad. It will make a lot of HD bachelors happy:)

I doubt a $45 HD + HD LIL + HD Movie Premiums package is going to be a reality, but I'd probably bite at it (I'm not contesting the possibility of a $30 HD-only package, only the $45 version).

The only real issue for me would be the lack of MSNBC and/or CNN.

I'm debating switching to D*, and I think an E* HD-only package would keep me put for a bit. To switch to D* I'd have to eat the remaining six months of my 18 months, plus the $199 622 upgrade fee, plus the $525 2nd 622 cost. Even with my hefty E* upfront investment, not to mention a roughly $400 D* upfront investment, I'm seriously considering switching.

I will have both come this Wed. I added Direct before I knew about the all hd pack. If Dish does have the all hd for $29.95 + 5.95 for locals, that will be the route I will go with my Dish pack.

I doubt a $45 HD + HD LIL + HD Movie Premiums package is going to be a reality, but I'd probably bite at it (I'm not contesting the possibility of a $30 HD-only package, only the $45 version).

The only real issue for me would be the lack of MSNBC and/or CNN.

I'm debating switching to D*, and I think an E* HD-only package would keep me put for a bit. To switch to D* I'd have to eat the remaining six months of my 18 months, plus the $199 622 upgrade fee, plus the $525 2nd 622 cost. Even with my hefty E* upfront investment, not to mention a roughly $400 D* upfront investment, I'm seriously considering switching.

Let D* know that your currently with DISH and are considering moveing over to D* and see what kind of deal they can work with you.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)