Please reply by conversation.

AntiMoz

Livin' the Dream
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
Western NY
I live in Western NY (14719) and according to the D*way website HD Locals will be available in my area by the end of 2006. I currently have a 3LNB dish, however, I cannot see the 110 and 119 Sats because of trees. I get high 80s low 90s signal strength on the 101. My question is whether or not to upgrade to the AT9 dish with the appropriate receiver given that I cant see the 110 and 119. I understand from reading other posts that all of the HD programming may move to the new sats. Opinions?

I live in Western NY (14719) and according to the D*way website HD Locals will be available in my area by the end of 2006. I currently have a 3LNB dish, however, I cannot see the 110 and 119 Sats because of trees. I get high 80s low 90s signal strength on the 101. My question is whether or not to upgrade to the AT9 dish with the appropriate receiver given that I cant see the 110 and 119. I understand from reading other posts that all of the HD programming may move to the new sats. Opinions?

The sats that will have your locals will be either at 99 or 103, flanking the 101 sat. If you have some room on either side of 101, you should be okay.

HD is/can be on all 5 locations depending on what other HD you have; but 99 or 103 for MPEG4 HD LIL or HD RSN. I would recommend a site survey if you have not had one to REALLY make 110% sure there isn't some place to mount. Where is your dish mounted now? Do you live in a "tube of trees" 75' tall or more?

101w has HD DNS if you can get it (chnl 80-82) as well as the other HD you are aware of on the other 4 satellite locations. Which you can see here: http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/america.html and click on ChNo for DirecTV package info per each location.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. My tree situation is pretty bad.....all but the 101 are blocked by my neighbors very large, mature maple trees. I've had D* and E* do site surveys. I acutally had to install the dish on my neighbor's property on a pole in order to see the 101. I'll keep my hopes up that most of the HD programming moves to the Ka band birds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.