HD PVR800 FEATURE DVB-S2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The one thing giving me optimism is that dvbworld says that it doesn't come with any American satellites entered, but you can just enter the names and scan them. If it didn't have blind scan, you would have to enter all the transponders manually first.

Doesn't the Traxis show it as "Auto Scan"?

yes...but checking their manual there is a "preset scan" option that shows in the menu which scans the existing TP base

This receiver does not show an option like that

I wonder, why there isn't much critique towards AZBox owner, who repeatedly misled consumers by false advertising ever since the box was introduced, and now put outrageous price tag on a minuscule modification of its old product? Keep pushing the same product under different advertising "angles", while quietly bypassing and violating local safety regulations, factually ignoring customer safety and demand to deliver heavily advertised features. "If only" they sell a second DVB-S2 or ATSC tuner - it would work for sure, as promised. "If only" they lifted up restriction on HBR recording or network transfer rate - it would certainly record HBR without a glitch. "If only" they activated hardware blindscan - they just sadly forget to do it for a quick second. If only...

Anyone who now harshly criticize DVB World without checking first performance of the new STB: did you guys try any of the company's products in the past and were grossly disappointed with it? Say "I". :)

One thing is for sure: most of other Sat equipment makers ignore user requests no matter how laud they are, and instead have their own agenda, often illegal or treating all markets throughout the world by the same token. Lets value those who don't!

Last edited:
The differences between the premium and the premium plus are hardly miniscule.
Premium+ has in addition over Premium

• can do watch one record a different channel at same time (from different tuners)
  • has hardware blindscan capability
  • has an internal fan
  • has an easy access panel on top of box for access to hard drive
seems like user requested features probably from alot of negative feedback from end users.

Still i agree it is overpriced, im hoping the dvbworld receiver is what they say it is.

Any chipsets were replaced on the AZBox MoBo, requiring major MoBo and firmware rework?

Finally they started selling a second tuner after getting rid of the old tuner (never intended to do blindscan in the first place or work in pair on HD streams) and did a minor hardware fix like adding more RAM for parallel stream processing. Adding fan is often a sign of using high power obsolete chipsets, and slow overheating bus and MoBo architecture.

Does the Plus' blindscan adequate for what we call this term here? Anyone tried it?

Are we going to embrace product diversity and drive prices down, or would want to shut down every new product offer without even trying, despite the manufacturer is ready to fix everything to our liking?

Anyone send DVBWorld a high bit rate TS sample to work with? Or we are going to cry instead, it doesn't record HBR?

I wonder, why there isn't much critique towards AZBox owner, who repeatedly misled consumers by false advertising ever since the box was introduced, and now put outrageous price tag on a minuscule modification of its old product? Keep pushing the same product under different advertising "angles", while quietly bypassing and violating local safety regulations, factually ignoring customer safety and demand to deliver heavily advertised features. "If only" they sell a second DVB-S2 or ATSC tuner - it would work for sure, as promised. "If only" they lifted up restriction on HBR recording or network transfer rate - it would certainly record HBR without a glitch. "If only" they activated hardware blindscan - they just sadly forget to do it for a quick second. If only...

-hmmm...last I checked azbox didnt advertise blind scan from the getgo so we knew it wasn't on there. It was discussed later on
-customer safety? You're still on that kick again huh? :rolleyes:
-there never has been a ASTC tuner discussed...at least nothing I've seen.

You're comparing apples to kumquat there. No where did azbox say "oh yes we have blind scan. Now buy from us" when it was asked. Or when we asked if it did 4:2:2 we get "oh yes it does" but they never tried it.

> Are we going to embrace product diversity and drive prices down, or would want to shut down every new product offer without even trying, despite the manufacturer is ready to fix everything to our liking?

This coming from the same guy who chewed me a new A$$ because I suggested recording an HDMI stream.

Ironic really.

With regard to has any one sent him a sample, below cut from this very thread.

pendragon
SatelliteGuys Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S.
I'm still waiting to see if dvbworld posts any pictures proving blind-scan or 4:2:2, but his sudden silence isn't a good sign.

To be fair, dvbworld and I have been corresponding in the past few hours about the 4:2:2 sample I would like them to try. I put it up on my web server, but there seems to be some problem in downloading it. I'm guessing, but their service provider/government may be blocking it. Their preference would have been ftp, but I burned my ftp server to the ground years ago and would rather not resurrect that capability.

The one thing giving me optimism is that dvbworld says that it doesn't come with any American satellites entered, but you can just enter the names and scan them. If it didn't have blind scan, you would have to enter all the transponders manually first.

right, in fact,for blindscan,u don`t need set correct LNB parameter, u only add a satellite name to our stb, it hasn`t any TP data, so if u choose the sat and AutoScan , u can scan all sat programs. of cource, if u set correct LNB , u scan the TP parameter is correct, otherwise it show the scan TP frequency is error, this description is blindscan funciton!!
nlvmfd.jpg

our STB preset scan pic :

2zp030n.jpg

so if all got our stb, pls use two ways to test our STB if support blind.
1. add sat and choose preset scan,and First u need set correct LNB. ( this way, i tell u it scan fast finish, but it will show no program)
2.add sat and chooese AutoScan,u no need set correct LNB.. ( this way, it will start scan ,maybe u need wait little minute ,like AutoScan Pic)

Last edited:
ATSC would be a wish list item for future development and hardware as it would require a different tuner and chipset support. 4:2:2 might be possible, but have never have found decoding support with Ali chipsets.

So we are now only working on verifying 4.2.2 and ATSC?

Brian,

As I understand, only demodulator of this STB is made by ALi, but not the decoder chip, despite ALi produces them too. DVB World confirmed intent to add ATSC tuner to the next STB revision on my proposal. ;)

ikki

Why would a typical TV fan need to record HDMI row data - please explain the advantage compare to TS stream recording? What STB models currently support HDMI data recording? :D

Are you sure that 4:2:2 coded signal stream and high bit rate stream are equivalent terms? :rolleyes:

Iceberg

DVB World didn't say 4:2:2 stream decoding was not tried. It was a wild guess. DVB World has many years of hands-on experience in design of sat TV products, including very popular Twinhan Cards still in production after many years of being 1st introduced. This company series of PC Cards is well known in the US, while all other PC Card makers abandoned this market (never tried to adapt to it) due to known complexities. I have a little doubt that the company will bring such product as we want it to be, given reasonable expectations based on the price tag and sufficient time to fix issues always expected from a new product.

A Sat STB is a new product type for the company, so some tolerance and friendly support would help. May be when DVB World says "of course", he means that based on his knowledge of the STB hardware and his years of experience (that AZBox company owner simply doesn't have), these features we request would be easy to add, again given some patience and moral support. Any company resources are limited, and all have product development and production plans to work on, so our requests may not be the first priority. Lets keep the tone positive, and see what happen. :)

Last edited:
DVB World

I still wanted to clarify the STB capability in recording and playback of high bit rate streams. Did you test recording and playing back HBR streams, and broadcast at what symbol rate? At what development stage this task is at the moment, if at all possible? ;)

Another question is how thorough is blindscan at the moment? Does it find all signals available in your area for each satellite? Do you see any areas of potential improvement in blindscan STB function?

To update the 4:2:2 saga, dvbworld has my first file which is a single MPEG-2 HD 4:2:2 video stream at about 40 Mbps. The file size is only 65 MB because I wanted to get something to them. They asked for a larger file, so I have sent them a link to a 630 MB file with two streams totaling around 80 Mbps. I figured this might also be a good test should they get around to playing files off a LAN server :)

no atsc you can see that from the picture of back of box.

I would be great if dvbworld could post all the transponders that it scanned in, because i would like to know if it got the dvb-s2 transponder: http://www.lyngsat.com/nss11.html

it is interest things, ok, we spend one hour to aimed at the NSS 11 satellite now,maybe the signal not good for me. but don`t affect me to test .
ok,now let us to experiment the blind scan the sat tp.
now i add NSS 11 to my STB:
2ltn9zm.jpg

then choose the sat:
k47cwm.jpg

now go to Antenna Setup , u can see no tp in the STB:
29wooic.jpg

if i choose Preset Scan ,the STB cann`t scan any program:
v8juig.jpg

now let me choos Auto Scan, now i get some TP and 12593H28818 S2 singal and programs:
11r3k40.jpg

now the STB blind scan finish the sat, i get 15 tp, 150 TV programs and 49 Radio programs:
wumsec.jpg

2kpuf5.jpg

now i play the first program:
w0jrpj.jpg

now i want to play S2 program, but it is NDS CA encrypt program:
2u5qhc7.jpg

2m3nrc3.jpg

NOW the Blindscan test finish!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)