HD Quality Question

thestob

Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
I just upgraded from a two VIP622 setup to a Hopper and 3 Joeys. Everything is working great. It just seems there is a little bit of a softness in the HD picture, especially on my main TV with the Hopper unit. I have tried switching between, 1080i and 720p on the hopper settings and didn't notice any change. Messed a bit with settings on the TV, etc. I double and triple checked to make sure the screen formats on everything were as they should be. Have good quality HDMI cables on all the units too. The HD looks ok, its not like I'm watching SD or anything ....it just does not seem nearly as crisp as what I was used to with 622. I was wondering if there is anyone else who has noticed this ...or if I'm just missing a setting or something....because from what I had read the Hopper HD should be better or equal to the 622 in PQ

I have no input on how to help you, but I will just say that I have a 722k and 4 Hoppers (722k is on a separate account) and they are equally great in HD quality on all TVs. Even the 722k has a newer chip than the 622, so the 722k probably looks better than the 622. Is there any chance that it's just how it looked before, but you're only noticing it now because you're checking out the new setup? Dish HD PQ is pretty good for satellite TV. OTA can look better at times depending on the channel and Blu-Ray certainly trumps both.

I just upgraded from a two VIP622 setup to a Hopper and 3 Joeys. Everything is working great. It just seems there is a little bit of a softness in the HD picture, especially on my main TV with the Hopper unit. I have tried switching between, 1080i and 720p on the hopper settings and didn't notice any change. Messed a bit with settings on the TV, etc. I double and triple checked to make sure the screen formats on everything were as they should be. Have good quality HDMI cables on all the units too. The HD looks ok, its not like I'm watching SD or anything ....it just does not seem nearly as crisp as what I was used to with 622. I was wondering if there is anyone else who has noticed this ...or if I'm just missing a setting or something....because from what I had read the Hopper HD should be better or equal to the 622 in PQ

I'm not sure why you are noticing a change. There shouldn't be a change at all other than noticing the menu graphics being in HD. I suppose you can always try setting the TV and Hopper to default settings and see if any changes are made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts