HD Receiver Loud Humming.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
Short Rant!
We have had Directv since 97 and with the Insurance plan.
I just called to get a replacement receiver and was told I would have to sign another 2 year service program.
so I told them that I am paying for the insurance just for that reason. And I will be moving in a couple of months and not sure If the service will work at the new home.
So I guess I'm just stuck with a loud humming receiver.
Sounds like the Insurance is a scam!
What do you think?

Regardless of having the protection plan or not, you have a defective receiver. They get replaced for free. Call back and tell them it won't boot up and to please send a replacement. Since you have the pp, there should be no shipping charges or contract extension.

Last edited:
Just call them and when they want to go thru all the tests, tell them nothing comes on the screen, it won't boot up ...
They will either ship you a different b one I r send a tech out.

when you call in there should be an automated option for the protection plan customers somewhere, so they can get routed to a US call center. make sure you're going through that option.

They sent me a new receiver with no contract update, I just had to talk to someone that new there job.
When I was setting it up it kept asking for a password so I put one in and now it won't recognize it again. Do I have to call and have them reset it? or do you guys know a way around.
Thanks Guys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)