Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
Short Rant!
We have had Directv since 97 and with the Insurance plan.
I just called to get a replacement receiver and was told I would have to sign another 2 year service program.
so I told them that I am paying for the insurance just for that reason. And I will be moving in a couple of months and not sure If the service will work at the new home.
So I guess I'm just stuck with a loud humming receiver.
Sounds like the Insurance is a scam!
What do you think?

Regardless of having the protection plan or not, you have a defective receiver. They get replaced for free. Call back and tell them it won't boot up and to please send a replacement. Since you have the pp, there should be no shipping charges or contract extension.

Last edited:
Just call them and when they want to go thru all the tests, tell them nothing comes on the screen, it won't boot up ...
They will either ship you a different b one I r send a tech out.

when you call in there should be an automated option for the protection plan customers somewhere, so they can get routed to a US call center. make sure you're going through that option.

They sent me a new receiver with no contract update, I just had to talk to someone that new there job.
When I was setting it up it kept asking for a password so I put one in and now it won't recognize it again. Do I have to call and have them reset it? or do you guys know a way around.
Thanks Guys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)