HD Receivers will not pick up HD Locals

When have only one local Digital station, the signal bar comes up in red, a scan shows no channels. Signal is 80+. 211s & 622s will not lock 811s will

Can those experiencing this issue please list what model receiver has this issue, software version, the local channels you are missing including the call letters, local channel & Dish Network channel numbers? What troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Also, please specifiy what local package you subscribe to (if any at all) and if you are missing other channels outside of the OTA channels. This will help out tremendously!

Thanks!

I had issues with my 211 with OTA channels. While the 211 would lock all channels it would drop the channels so much while watching them that I had to tune to the non HD channel provided by Dish for my locals. (My 811 never had issues). My 211 has always had the latests software out by Dish. Finally I gave up with my 211 for watching my locals in HD, and bought a Samsung HD tuner, and I haven't had any issues since I got the Samsung HD tuner box about 1.5 months ago.

Solved

An update on my post back on Nov. 26 , today I upgraded from my 211 receiver to a 722 and voila!, my local OTA channels are back on in full power. Must have been the receiver ?:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)