HD RSN's on ch's 96, 97

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
I've just called D* to complain, the Yanks/Sox on 96 this afternoon looks like Babe Ruth is playing: motion is very jittery. Bats and balls are jumping. Meanwhile the motion on ch 95 is smooth.

They don't have a clue what's going on. Worse, they claim that they don't have any recent complaints on the issue.

In the past couple of weeks I've seen threads complaining about low frame-rates for YES-HD and NESN-HD, so I know it's not just my location, and I know that people are not happy about it.

Please pickup the phone, call D*, and complain.

jpn said:
I've just called D* to complain, the Yanks/Sox on 96 this afternoon looks like Babe Ruth is playing: motion is very jittery. Bats and balls are jumping. Meanwhile the motion on ch 95 is smooth.

They don't have a clue what's going on. Worse, they claim that they don't have any recent complaints on the issue.

In the past couple of weeks I've seen threads complaining about low frame-rates for YES-HD and NESN-HD, so I know it's not just my location, and I know that people are not happy about it.

Please pickup the phone, call D*, and complain.

Yes that's what would get me:mad: is they do not acknowledge that there is a problem.
I have been fortunate and not had these problems but if I did I would be calling every day untill they at least acknowledge the problem.
So yes Please pickup the phone, call D*, and complain if you are having problems.

I have called them twice about this issue and they are insistent that they have not received any other calls and that a tech needs to come to my house.

Argh

I forgot to include this in my opening post. If anybody else calls, it might be worth asking them to monitor these forums.

When I spoke with the support staff and they said they had no other complaints of this nature, I told them about the online complaints. I specifically told them that on satetlliteguys there were numerous threads with this complaint. In recent weeks I've seen threads of this problem related to YES-HD, SNY-HD and NESN-HD; I told them that covers the NY DMA and the Boston DMA, strictly on the MPEG-4 channels. I suggested they monitor satelliteguys for more.

This seems to be happening on all MPEG4 channels now. I notice the frame rate reduction especially during football on the locals.

Sorry about this post, keep calling guys! Oh and I just wanted to note that with the above post Vurbano has officially become a troll.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)