HD RSN's on ch's 96, 97

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
I've just called D* to complain, the Yanks/Sox on 96 this afternoon looks like Babe Ruth is playing: motion is very jittery. Bats and balls are jumping. Meanwhile the motion on ch 95 is smooth.

They don't have a clue what's going on. Worse, they claim that they don't have any recent complaints on the issue.

In the past couple of weeks I've seen threads complaining about low frame-rates for YES-HD and NESN-HD, so I know it's not just my location, and I know that people are not happy about it.

Please pickup the phone, call D*, and complain.

jpn said:
I've just called D* to complain, the Yanks/Sox on 96 this afternoon looks like Babe Ruth is playing: motion is very jittery. Bats and balls are jumping. Meanwhile the motion on ch 95 is smooth.

They don't have a clue what's going on. Worse, they claim that they don't have any recent complaints on the issue.

In the past couple of weeks I've seen threads complaining about low frame-rates for YES-HD and NESN-HD, so I know it's not just my location, and I know that people are not happy about it.

Please pickup the phone, call D*, and complain.

Yes that's what would get me:mad: is they do not acknowledge that there is a problem.
I have been fortunate and not had these problems but if I did I would be calling every day untill they at least acknowledge the problem.
So yes Please pickup the phone, call D*, and complain if you are having problems.

I have called them twice about this issue and they are insistent that they have not received any other calls and that a tech needs to come to my house.

Argh

I forgot to include this in my opening post. If anybody else calls, it might be worth asking them to monitor these forums.

When I spoke with the support staff and they said they had no other complaints of this nature, I told them about the online complaints. I specifically told them that on satetlliteguys there were numerous threads with this complaint. In recent weeks I've seen threads of this problem related to YES-HD, SNY-HD and NESN-HD; I told them that covers the NY DMA and the Boston DMA, strictly on the MPEG-4 channels. I suggested they monitor satelliteguys for more.

This seems to be happening on all MPEG4 channels now. I notice the frame rate reduction especially during football on the locals.

Sorry about this post, keep calling guys! Oh and I just wanted to note that with the above post Vurbano has officially become a troll.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts