HD Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greggor48

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
Have a question. I know that you need a HD Receiver to receive HD signal (Satellite). My question is, can you use a SD Receiver line Pansat 2700A to check to see if HD signal is on a particular TP? I want to buy a HD receiver but I don't want to do so if the TP the channels are on is too weak to get a signal. So is there any way you can use a standard FTA receiver to check the HD signal?

I'm not sure if it is true on all HD signals but I know I can detect at least some of them with my (SD-only) Visionsat. The meter will register signal quality but I get the "Service Error" message on the screen, sometimes I can even hear the audio too. Not sure if the Pansat is similar.

I'm not sure if it is true on all HD signals but I know I can detect at least some of them with my (SD-only) Visionsat. The meter will register signal quality but I get the "Service Error" message on the screen, sometimes I can even hear the audio too. Not sure if the Pansat is similar.

An SD receiver can also pick up and lock on 4:2:2 chroma channels, but not display the video; audio only is what you get. Just another possibility to throw into the mix.
:)

yep...I scan with the Coolsat 5000 and if its HD then I manually program it into the Coolsat 8000 (HD box)

Most will show a green screen for HD on a SD box

yep...go to AMC1 and scan in the NBC channels. You'll get sound but no video

or most channels with a symbol rate of 13021 (FSN mainly uses that)...same thing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)