HD Signal

lOUIS23

Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
My HD signal holds at a 100 for 10 seconds or so then starts dropping it will go to 0 and back up to a 100.
Any thoughts?

signal holds at a 100 for 10 seconds

My HD signal holds at a 100 for 10 seconds or so then starts dropping it will go to 0 and back up to a 100.
Any thoughts?

Too much signal, multipath??
How do you get your HD, type of antenna, indoor or outdoor. Your location. Type of tuner. Cable used? Ant splitters? Also small Forum no need to cross post :)

I just got HD as well and am finding the same problem happening on several OTA digital channels. Some of the locals come in OK and then there are a few (ABS, CBS for example) that can't seem to hold a signal. I'm in the Atlanta area, have a Samsung 360 , an outdoor antenna, amplified and run my audio thru a Denon receiver (in case that matters). I'd appreciate any thoughts as well on this.
Thanks

rak said:
I just got HD as well and am finding the same problem happening on several OTA digital channels. Some of the locals come in OK and then there are a few (ABS, CBS for example) that can't seem to hold a signal. I'm in the Atlanta area, have a Samsung 360 , an outdoor antenna, amplified and run my audio thru a Denon receiver (in case that matters). I'd appreciate any thoughts as well on this.
Thanks
What antenna, here do you live, and are you using a rotator? Is this an ongoing problem or recently? Multipath has been bad last few days between storms and wind.

Heh, I was having problems in West Palm yesterday as well. Tuning DTV signals is so much fun :)

I think it was a little windy so i'm not sure if it was the culprit or not, but I had the same scenario, the signal meter on the 811 was around 85 but about once a minute it would just drop out. I went up and moved my multi-directional pos Terk 55 to a lower spot and the signal dropped to about 75 but the signal stayed much more consisitent. Weird stuff...

Antenna is a Weingard Sensar (or something like that). Installed by DirecTV when they installed my triple dish. I don't have a rotator. And the problem has happened pretty much from the first day of install a couple of weeks back, but seems to be a bit worse when I switched over to the Samsung 360 receiver.

rak said:
Antenna is a Weingard Sensar (or something like that). Installed by DirecTV when they installed my triple dish. I don't have a rotator. And the problem has happened pretty much from the first day of install a couple of weeks back, but seems to be a bit worse when I switched over to the Samsung 360 receiver.
Multipath has been bad in Atlanta this fall for some and really bad for others.
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/ahdtv/
Good spot to find people close to you in order to compares situations.

Hate to lay the bad news on you, but at least here in the Portland area, the Samsung 360 has fits with different digital stations, it drives the Engineers crazy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)