HD Test Patterns from VOOM - Why Not

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bdcrow00

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
I wasn't sure which Forum I should list this in but, hey VOOM, how about adding an occasional HD test pattern show a la HDNET?

I would sure like to see one. Anyone else?

Brian

bdcrow00 said:
I wasn't sure which Forum I should list this in but, hey VOOM, how about adding an occasional HD test pattern show a la HDNET?

I would sure like to see one. Anyone else?

Brian
Why not. They could do it on 999. At a certain time every morning for a half hour. Or maybe every Monday morning. Or something like the first Monday in the month.

There are some patterns shown on HBO-HD and CinemaxHD from time to time. Good enough for color calibration. Look for "OFF AIR" label or in the guide.

Ilya, that is a lot of work and doesn't help those who choose not to subscribe to those premiums. I have suggested this several times. It wouldn't hurt VOOM to do that on one channel at a very late hour or very early in the morning. I'll set my alarm and I am sure a few others would also.

Yeah if it was like 12:30 I would be able to catch it.

The HDNet time slot is way to early for me, I've have not once been able to wake up for it. :)

gutter said:
Ilya, that is a lot of work and doesn't help those who choose not to subscribe to those premiums. I have suggested this several times. It wouldn't hurt VOOM to do that on one channel at a very late hour or very early in the morning. I'll set my alarm and I am sure a few others would also.
I completely agree with the suggestion, and in fact I was suggesting this to VOOM many times in the past. All I am saying, is that in the meantime there is at least some solution for those of us subscribing to those premium channels.

By the way, these patterns are often shown at convenient time: between 6 and 9 AM Eastern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)