HD Test Patterns from VOOM - Why Not

bdcrow00

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
I wasn't sure which Forum I should list this in but, hey VOOM, how about adding an occasional HD test pattern show a la HDNET?

I would sure like to see one. Anyone else?

Brian

bdcrow00 said:
I wasn't sure which Forum I should list this in but, hey VOOM, how about adding an occasional HD test pattern show a la HDNET?

I would sure like to see one. Anyone else?

Brian
Why not. They could do it on 999. At a certain time every morning for a half hour. Or maybe every Monday morning. Or something like the first Monday in the month.

There are some patterns shown on HBO-HD and CinemaxHD from time to time. Good enough for color calibration. Look for "OFF AIR" label or in the guide.

Ilya, that is a lot of work and doesn't help those who choose not to subscribe to those premiums. I have suggested this several times. It wouldn't hurt VOOM to do that on one channel at a very late hour or very early in the morning. I'll set my alarm and I am sure a few others would also.

Yeah if it was like 12:30 I would be able to catch it.

The HDNet time slot is way to early for me, I've have not once been able to wake up for it. :)

gutter said:
Ilya, that is a lot of work and doesn't help those who choose not to subscribe to those premiums. I have suggested this several times. It wouldn't hurt VOOM to do that on one channel at a very late hour or very early in the morning. I'll set my alarm and I am sure a few others would also.
I completely agree with the suggestion, and in fact I was suggesting this to VOOM many times in the past. All I am saying, is that in the meantime there is at least some solution for those of us subscribing to those premium channels.

By the way, these patterns are often shown at convenient time: between 6 and 9 AM Eastern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)