HD TIVO Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
Does anyone know if D will be having a special on the HD Tivo receivers anytime soon. I have HD but dont really want to shed out $1000 for Tivo even though it would be nice to have one!

I do not believe there will be. These units have yet to be offered at a discount to D* employees and that is not a good sign on the consumer front. I am only guessing but I would not look for this unit to have a price reduction before February 2005 at the absolute earliest.

The unit does produce substantial sticker shock, I just purchased mine from Value Electronics and only purchased it because I had a huge hit in a poker game. However, being an NFL fan and Sunday Ticket subscriber, my wife and I have enjoyed this unit quite a bit since we acquired it.

I had wanted to wait unit these units carried a terabyte hard disk and version 4 with HMO of the TiVo software, however, it appears this may never happen. I still do not regret the purchase of this unit.

No problem. Like I said I highly recommend Value Electronics, the site sponsor. Also, TNT does not have ANY high definition content other than basketball, this is a common gripe from the Voomers.

slacker9876 said:
Also, TNT does not have ANY high definition content other than basketball, this is a common gripe from the Voomers.

Slacker, I think that's an old complaint. TNT-HD has done at least one Nextel Cup race in HD and more and more of the network repeats are showing up in HD. I'm also seeing the 'Available in HD' message on a number of their movies. I wish D* would get with the program and turn this channel on (like the rumor had being done weeks ago :( ).

You mean nothing original correct?

Tons of their movie catalog has been up-converted right. Look at today's sched for the next 6 hrs by clicking TitanTV and choose All HD., then look through TNT-HD's line up

I say it is much better than TNT-SD and the other SD movie offerings; in addition to the live NBA games and the occasional live race!

They do a remarkable job not "stretching" the content. This SHOULD be added to D* ASAP.

http://www.titantv.com/TTV/Grid/Grid.aspx

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)