Please reply by conversation.

53jimc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
Roebuck, SC
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting ready for big changes.

First, I'm adding DVRs, I think I have that handled. DTV is offering a H34 free and I'll get one more so I'll have 3 total. I don't care for SWM since I'm adding one to the house, then another Slimline dish out at the man cave. (away from the house and the women)

Then, in the kitchen and lesser bedrooms, getting an HD receiver, no DVRs.

I have the HD receivers in my cart online, and the specs say they are H24. That's what I want. I do not want H25 since I'm not going with SWM. I'm just checking with you all, DTV does still send out H24 receivers, right?

I'll also use an H24 when tailgating and camping.

Should I call customer service to be sure? I'd rather just order online. They are allowing self-install on all of them. I already have the wires ran.

Thanks,

Jim

1. i think the hr24 requires swm, not sure on this
2. be careful about 2 seperate buildings and 2 dishes, could be considered with account stacking

1. i think the hr24 requires swm, not sure on this
the only receivers that require SWM is the HR34 and H25...the rest do not need it
2. be careful about 2 seperate buildings and 2 dishes, could be considered with account stacking
if its on same property that is usually OK. My dad has a receiver in his "party garage" which is 40 feet from the house

the only receivers that require SWM is the HR34 and H25...the rest do not need it

if its on same property that is usually OK. My dad has a receiver in his "party garage" which is 40 feet from the house

i meant 34, but i cant type :)
i may be confusing directv with the audit team from dish,

Right, it's on the same property, not too far away from the house, maybe 40 feet, may be less.

On the website, it shows HR24, so SWM shouldn't be required, right?

My current receiver is a HR23-700.

Status
Please reply by conversation.