HDD200 and R5000-HD/SageTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rocksahead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Is anyone using the SageTV frontend with an HDD200 and the R5000-HD mod?

I have set it up and it seems to only work some of the time. I lose the the network between the Sage software and the R5000 DVR software a lot.

Thanks,

I don't have a HDD200, but I have a 922 with the R5000HD mod. I downloaded the free trials of Sage and the r5000 enabled Sage software. It seemed to work okay, but the problem I saw was that everytime you tried to change channels the r5000 software was trying to change satellites. Even when the new channel was on the same sat as the old. This made it pretty useless for live TV viewing as it would take 20 or 30 seconds to change channels. I can already schedule programs to record with the free software, so I just uninstalled the beta and went back to the regular r5000 software. I think the Sage encoder is a good idea, but for me the r5000 Sage solution isn't ready for prime time yet.

Sorry I can't help at this time. Maybe soon though?
I just yesterday sent my VIP622 to get the r5000. I plan to send the HDD200 after I check out the 622. My main focus is to record on the HD VCR, but those other options, such as Sage TV, could be useful. The 622 has those features already, but not being able to record from the DVR sux. And, on the 4dtv, I've never gotten into recording with a timer on a regular VCR because of the problems involved with changing satellite. I have/do record stuff, but I'm there when it starts. Like I said, my main idea is to use it for the HD VCR and not the PC, but I'll be giving it a test when I get it back. Maybe then, I'll be able to help!

Al

Al,

I think you'll like the r5000 mod on the HDD200. After Nextcomm got the bugs out of the 922 mod, it's worked great for me. All I do is pull up the Zap2It guide, and pick the programs I want to record and the r5000 takes care of the rest. There's no problem with changing sats. My only problem with the Sage upgrade is it always wants to change sats. How come you're upgrading the 622 first instead of the HDD200?

Mike

iammike said:
How come you're upgrading the 622 first instead of the HDD200?

Mike
Mike,
Well, only because I'm planning to cut off my HR 10-250 on or before June 5, when programming already paid for expires. I only have D* for Universal HD and ESPN2, which I'm now able to get with E*, after the 921 owner upgrade. I'm hoping this will be done before June 5, so I don't miss any Battlestar Gallactica episodes.
Why I haven't already sent the HDD200 or why I didn't send them together? Good questions! I don't have the ability or capacity to answer, cause I'm in some kind of denial......

Al

I guess what I'm saying, if you haven't already figured it out, is I'm an Idiot?

I am a little puzzled as to why Nextcom would ask money for the Sage version for 4DTV at this point. Pretty buggy for the HDD200 version. The R5000 quits unexpectedly very often; most of the time when it implements a channel change.

Rocks

Link to Dage?

rocksahead said:
I am a little puzzled as to why Nextcom would ask money for the Sage version for 4DTV at this point. Pretty buggy for the HDD200 version. The R5000 quits unexpectedly very often; most of the time when it implements a channel change.

Rocks

Could some one post a link to the Sage...Have not heard of that one and am always curious!!!

TIA
Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.