HDMI connection not working with recorded programs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

romansperson

Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
Weird problem -

Today I set my HR20 up so I could copy some recorded programs to VHS tape. The HR20 doesn't have an RF output, so I ended up having to use composite cables instead and got help in the DirecTV tech support forums on how to set the VCR up to record properly that way. Worked great --- but now there's a strange problem with the HMDI connection. I can use it just fine to watch live TV, but when I try to watch a recorded program, when I hit Play, the screen goes black for a second, and then I get the message 'searching for signals.' Then there's message that says the connection is not supported! I don't know why I can watch live TV using the HDMI, but suddenly I cannot watch a recorded program using the same connection. I did check to make sure the cable was seated properly - I thought perhaps I'd knocked it loose hooking up the VCR - but it seems to be seated just fine. I also tried resetting the recorder, and that did nothing. If I change the connection from HDMI to TV, I can see the recorded programs and still record to VCR, even, but of course they don't look very good that way. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts