HDMI connection

Status
Please reply by conversation.
jabd said:
You should all save your money and go to monoprice.com

High quality cables at very good prices.

That is where I bought my HDMI/DVI cable. Works great.

The nice thing about digital is either it works or it doesn't. There is no in between. And when it works there is no difference in audio/video quality from a $20 cable to a $200 cable. So if a $20 cable works... why spend more?

Jerry

Can someone recommend a good HDMI switch? My receiver only has one HDMI input.

I bought my cables at Sam's and the work just fine. $11 for the optical compared to almost $50 at BB.

THANKS!!! Do you know if the 2x1 would work as well? The 5x1 is overkill for me as I only have the H20 and DVD player that use HDMI. That being said, is there any real reason for me to get the larger switch?

yammy750 said:
You have to watch what cables you buy? Not all cables deliver the same result! Just remeber you get what you pay for with cables!

Spoken like a man in need of justifying the $120 he paid for a 4" cable. :)

Last edited:
scotsmanron said:
THANKS!!! Do you know if the 2x1 would work as well? The 5x1 is overkill for me as I only have the H20 and DVD player that use HDMI. That being said, is there any real reason for me to get the larger switch?

It should... Me I like to future proof myself... just in case.

Jerry

I bought Monster component cables and compared them to D*'s component on separate outs to my 52" Toshiba DLP and COULD NOT tell a difference. I also compared the Monster components to an HDMI cable I bought off of eBay for $.01 (plus $7.99 for shipping made total $8). I could not tell the difference here either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)