HDMI connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

yammy750

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2006
Pittsburgh
I just bought a HDMI cable for my JVC HD D-ILA HDMI TV ! Compared to component cable it made a BIG difference. I say WOW! :up now I am waiting for my HD locals..

Same here

yammy750 said:
I just bought a HDMI cable for my JVC HD D-ILA HDMI TV ! Compared to component cable it made a BIG difference. I say WOW! :up now I am waiting for my HD locals..

I noticed a difference too.

You'll also see a big difference with your upscaling DVD player connected using HDMI. If your HDTV only has one HDMI input, it's worth the cost of a HDMI switch box.

i don't really feel like i'm getting THAT much of a better picture w/hdmi cable. i can tell a small improvement w/sports, but my picture was already great in that area anyway. i definitely don't feel like i got a picture to equal the price of the cable. those things are really ridiculous.

walker said:
i don't really feel like i'm getting THAT much of a better picture w/hdmi cable. i can tell a small improvement w/sports, but my picture was already great in that area anyway. i definitely don't feel like i got a picture to equal the price of the cable. those things are really ridiculous.

Shop around, the cables are not REALLY that expensive. I got a 6-foot HDMI for $21.99 and found out weeks later that I overpaid. There are a lot of alternatives to the $99 version at BestBuy.

I think its the cable I broke down and bought 4ft Monster cable, it was $120.00

I knew it was rediculas to spend it on a cable, but I am glad I did! It does look alot better..

My local Sam's Club has Philips branded HDMI cables for $15. They also have component and optical cables for about the same price. I might stock up on cables even though I don't have an immediate need for them.

You have to watch what cables you buy? Not all cables deliver the same result! Just remeber you get what you pay for with cables!

yammy750 said:
You have to watch what cables you buy? Not all cables deliver the same result! Just remeber you get what you pay for with cables!
With analog cables, yes, you need the better wire and insulation. With digital cables, most generic $20 cables are as good as the MC $100 cables! :)

I agree with mcbeevee. I have aquired several HDMI cables over the years and have only seen a difference in one of them no matter what the cost is. I think that one cable must have an internal defect.

yammy750 said:

Actually, all HDMI cables deliver the exact same result or they don't work at all.

Monster cables are WAY over priced. You can find HDMI cables online for 20-30 bucks that will give 100% the same picture as monster cables.

I used to spend tons of money on monster cables but i have looked it up and no more money goes into a monster cable than a good off brand cable.

A 150 dollar Monster cable costs 15 bucks at wholesale.

Monster will not get anymore of my unless something changes down the road. But people must be buying them left and right. I watched a show on Discovery HD about home theaters. They went to the owner of Monster Cables home and it was unbelievable. I think these numbers are right, 3 plasmas in the living room. One 65 and two 46's. The bedroom also had a 65. Unbelievable

I don't know about all that there is a reason why there are so many different brands. I have bought all kinds of cables in the past, I do know there is a difference! It also depends on how good your TV is and how good the feed is.

if you want to believe there is a difference, then great. spend all the money you want on them. no one will question you. I have top line source equipment and top line display equipment and I see zero diff. Ill keep the extra 80 bucks in my pockets.

I know all about the "salesmen" at BB throwing the "not using monster cables on your new TV is like buying a Lamborghini and putting cheap gas in it". why do they say that? well their sales managers beat it in their heads that it is true. why? because Monster Cable takes the top sales MANAGERS (not the ones selling them) out to drive around in the exotic cars they use to advertise with. Then the managers get nice spiff checks from monster for sales.

Beavis said:
My local Sam's Club has Philips branded HDMI cables for $15. They also have component and optical cables for about the same price. I might stock up on cables even though I don't have an immediate need for them.
i assure you if they have a stock of them the price wont be going up in fact the prices of these items always come down, HDMI cables can be found from 5 dollars or so to in the hundreds, some will tell you they cant tell the difference between cheap and expensive others will tell you that a certain brand x is better than brand a i have used many brands and i will tell you imho monster cables are overrated but again a lot of it comes down to preference some people only base their opinions on price others on what the pic actually looks like, this topic is very subjective and could go on, as it has and will for years in the a/v world

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts