HDMI only component connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dana_stuart

Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Western USA
I'm wondering about how to connect the following components correctly:

H25 DirecTV receiver
LG HD TV
Yamaha SR-300 receiver
LG blu ray DVD player

Can I run an HDMI cable from the H25 DirecTV box to the Yamaha receiver, another HDMI cable from the DVD player to the Yamaha receiver, and then an HDMI cable from the Yamaha receiver to the TV? Or do I need to run regular red/white audio cables from the H25 to the Yamaha receiver and an HDMI cable from the H25 to the TV (and keep the above proposal for the DVD player connection the same)?

Thanks!!

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Your first propoesed setup will work fine, in fact it's the best way for most people to make their connections.

I'm wondering about how to connect the following components correctly:

H25 DirecTV receiver
LG HD TV
Yamaha SR-300 receiver
LG blu ray DVD player

Can I run an HDMI cable from the H25 DirecTV box to the Yamaha receiver, another HDMI cable from the DVD player to the Yamaha receiver, and then an HDMI cable from the Yamaha receiver to the TV? Or do I need to run regular red/white audio cables from the H25 to the Yamaha receiver and an HDMI cable from the H25 to the TV (and keep the above proposal for the DVD player connection the same)?

Thanks!!

Hello dana_stuart,

The biggest advantage in using HDMI cables is less cables per device. HDMI cables have combined both the video and audio signals. DVI and Component cables have only video signals and no audio signals thereby necessitating additional analog or digital audio cable(s).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts