HDMI Problems

Frank A Mochrie

Nov 3, 2010
HELP...I have Dish Network using the VIP722 and VIP612 recievers. I just hooked them up with HDMI cables. On the VIP612 reciever I get a lot of noise when I pause or fast forward a show, the sound drop down low. On the VIP722 which is the dual reciever, when using the HDMI the 2nd remote does not work in the other room, but I switch back it works fine. The picture when using the HDMI is so much better, Does any one know what my problem is?

Good grief! I am no help, but I do have a 722 and 2 612's, all on HDMI. None exhibit your problems.

Try a different brand HDMI cable on the 722.. If you unplug HDMI from TV the 2nd remote will work fine, but when you plug it back in 2nd TV remote stops working.. It is some kind of interference with the TV and that brand of HDMI cable.. Seen it happen a couple times and switching HDMI cable fixes it..

No such problem on my 612 using the HDMI. Are you going thru an audio receiver or directly to the TV?

I had HDMI problems with my first 612 when I got it, it took forever to come on, all other outputs were fine. I tried swapping cables/tv etc.. with my 722, long story short; I got a different 612 and it worked fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts