HDMI settings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wdmuir

Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
Hooray! My HD H-20-100 finally got the "software upgrade" last night. Now I can finally use the HDMI that has been "incompatible" with my Samsung 42 inch DLP the past 10 months. Could someone please advise/recommend how to set up the receiver. Native on or off, check 480, 720, and 1080 or uncheck 420 and let TV upconvert to 720 or 1080. I have ready many suggestions on other threads and am not sure what is best. Any help is appreciated. Anxious to see if HDMI is noticeably different than the component I have used for nearly the last year! Thanks.

Do you have the HR20-100 HD DVR?

If your DLP can handle it and you dont mind the speed, try native on for now. You can have 480p, 720p, and 1080i checked off. Nobody needs 480i. Its such a subjective thing. So play around with native and if you like how it looks or if one seems to look better, then stick with it. I find 720p looks best on a few of my sets so I turn native off and keep 720p on all the time. I have another TV that likes 1080i so it varies.

Do you have the HR20-100 HD DVR?

If your DLP can handle it and you dont mind the speed, try native on for now. You can have 480p, 720p, and 1080i checked off. Nobody needs 480i. Its such a subjective thing. So play around with native and if you like how it looks or if one seems to look better, then stick with it. I find 720p looks best on a few of my sets so I turn native off and keep 720p on all the time. I have another TV that likes 1080i so it varies.

No, Just a HD20-100

You really need to try the various settings and see what works best with your TV and looks best to you. I usually set native off and 720p on my plasma set. Native on looks slightly better on some stations, but the additional delay in switching channels offsets that advantage for me. YMMV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)