HDnet vs WorldSport Soccer

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Here it is. I watching the HDnet Col vs Met on HDnet and comparing it to the WorldSport Soccer game right now on. If you ask me which one to take out of the two, I would go with WorldSports.

WorldSport camera is much closer to the action than HDnets. Both do a good job when focusing on players and the stands. Where is the WOW factor on HDnet? Maybe I am just used to see the same on WorldSport. Of course, you can see the dirty field on HDnet and the green grass on WorldSport.

If you tell me, both look the same. I see very little to no difference. Want to share, please post.

P.S. We really should not compare channels that are not in the same DBS provider but I am doing this for fun since some many people think that HDnet's soccer game is so much better than WorldSports. Take a look right now.

cancelled D* so I can no longer compare. but MLS soccer doesn't hold a candle to spanish soccer. Sorry, but that's the truth :)

I'm wondering if WorldSport will be broadcasting any of the MLS matches anytime soon? I know that HDNet broadcasts MLS games and now INHD has been airing some MLS matches via their Comcast Sports Net channels. I've heard from some that HDNet's broadcast picture is cleaner and sharper than that of WorldSport, but I cannot tell you if that is true because I haven't seen HDNet.

barth2k said:
cancelled D* so I can no longer compare. but MLS soccer doesn't hold a candle to spanish soccer. Sorry, but that's the truth :)
I did too, payed the cancel fee yesterday. But Voom had better get this POS moto working better and make be forget about my hughes e86.

Sean is right. While I cannot compare because I only have D* (I had V* at one point) HDNet has always had their cameras too far away from the action for sporting events. I know because I watch a ton of NHL (about 450 games a year) and the ones on HDNet wile pretty are distant.

I sent Mark Cuban e-mail about this and never received a reply. ESPN-HD is from the normal camera angle & distance and given the choice ESPN is the way to go.

The cameras may be further away, but the fine detail is better on HDNET, Worldsport still has the noise issues as the rest of Voom, though not too bad. It takes a big screen to really see the difference, I'll compare again this weekend and see.

DarrellP said:
The cameras may be further away, but the fine detail is better on HDNET, Worldsport still has the noise issues as the rest of Voom, though not too bad. It takes a big screen to really see the difference, I'll compare again this weekend and see.

I did not see any video noise last night as I was watching both games. The details, IMHO, were the same. The only difference was the lighting of both. MLS was on day time still and the one on WorldSport was night time.

It's been posted on AVSForum that the image on MNF improves with the evening lights, maybe that's the difference?

DarrellP said:
Worldsport still has the noise issues as the rest of Voom, though not too bad. It takes a big screen to really see the difference,
I notice the noise on a 30" set. I noticed the same thing yesterday during the ESPN-HD game. Lots of noise on the outfield wall there, and lots of noise on the soccer field on WorldSport. I don't have D* or E*, so I can only comment on what I see from Voom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)