"HDR On" incorrectly with LG Display and Hopper 3

HDR is back as of this morning......Not sure what is going on but I had lost it for a few days but now it is back on every time I turn on my Hopper 3.

Hi, Has anyone had this Hopper 3 HDR problem with the Samsung UN65JS8500 tv ? I have this tv and am contemplating the H3.
Thanks for any info.

The only thing I have seen it reported on is the LG Oled, and I am going on another day with the issue gone. Not sure what changed, but it has left me alone for awhile now.

Reactions: D. Manley
It really makes it tough to calibrate the set when HDR is forced on all the time with the Hopper 3. I just go with the settings I calibrated my other inputs to but I think the Hopper 3's input could use a few tweaks that are locked out because of HDR.

It really makes it tough to calibrate the set when HDR is forced on all the time with the Hopper 3. I just go with the settings I calibrated my other inputs to but I think the Hopper 3's input could use a few tweaks that are locked out because of HDR.
What I did was disconnected the HDMI cable before turning the tv on to do the settings from rtings.com.

I have actually talked to LG VIP Tech support on this issue and they are supposed to be talking to Dish to try and resolve the issue. Not sure if it will go anywhere but they are aware of the issue.

Reactions: Almighty1
I ended up getting the Hopper 3 and I can verify that there are no HDR issues with the Samsung UN65JS8500 tv.
Thanks for the replies.

I still am not having issues as long as I dont physically reset my Hopper with the display plugged in. It goes from day to day now not triggering. Very odd.

I played with Sports Bar Mode after the H3 SW update, going back in and out several times and it was not triggered. What FW update are you on with your LG?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)