"HDR On" incorrectly with LG Display and Hopper 3

I am unplugging at the Hopper, and that cable runs to a Denon AVR that is off. Secondly, if you read that thread and elsewhere, HDMI is designed for a hot swap and I have always done that.

Id rather not unplug the connection at the LG every day, its a highly pricey pc of equipment and I can get a new hopper :)

I am just going to cut everything off at night, unplug the hdmi at the H3, and got to bed. When we get ready to watch the next evening, I am going to plug the H3 HDMI back in and turn everything on. Id rather not have to reboot the H3 an extra time each day either so leaving the HDMI unplugged is the simple move.

My installer did satellite IIRC because the top screen drop down says Dish Network USA LLC and the LG Magic remote controls some Hopper functions.

Interesting, I was trying to find out if HDMI is hot swappable or not except it seems like many advise against it saying it can fry something. I forgot you were sending the signal through the Denon since I have mines direct as because I am remodeling soon, I never unpacked my high-end A/V gear when I moved here 7 years ago. I mean unplugging will still cause wear and tear on any equipment you own and paid for.

What I was asking earlier is how would you label the HDMI input if the Hopper 3 was directly connected to the LG since I have the choices of Set Top Box and Satellite. It is technically Satellite service but I thought it was also a Set Top Box.

I think he did settop box, because the magic remote does control some things. I can change channels on the hopper if I hit the channel button on the magic remote.

I mean it's just weird LG had both options since how else can you receive satellite without a STB/Receiver. The 52.0 remote does control the volume on the LG 65EF9500 better than the 40.0 remote as the 52.0 controls it in +-1 increments while the 40.0 can jump between -+5 increments.

That is a good question, never knew there was satellite service without the need for the STB/Receiver. Atleast not according to this:
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1441614598

I wonder with the HDR thing on the 55EF9500 and 65EF9500, if getting around it is dependent on the software version on the LG as I am on v75.

Anyways, the HDR problem is minor compared to what I am experiencing here that I discovered after seeing this thread as I cannot access any of my transferred recordings from the Hopper 2000 on the External Hard Drive, it also isn't showing all the recordings on the EHD either:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...on-hopper-3-recorded-with-hopper-2000.357861/

Last edited:
I am on .75 too. Odd on the EHD. Mine were backed up by a HWS though, and I havent had a problem.

My EHD is usb 3.0 and the transfer times are fast.

WD 4TB My Book Duo Desktop RAID External Hard Drive - USB 3.0

Has dual 2TB drives and I have it setup as a mirror, so if one fails the other drive has the exact same data on it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
And the failed drive can be transparently replaced...

Amazon product ASIN B00KU68A1A

The failure rate should be very low as these all the external drives are more for capacity than speed, it's Western Digital model #WD20EZRX 5400rpm drives inside. In a way, it's like the Quantum BigFoot drives. It's usually the 7200rpm or faster drives that fail due to heat among other things.

These are actually WD20EFRX red drives, but yeah they arent always reading and writing like a normal dvr drive and it goes into standby at night. Lot less wear and tear IMO, but the mirror feature means I should not have to worry about much. We stay about 2 months behind at times (currently over 120 hours and watching stuff from before Christmas).

These are actually WD20EFRX red drives, but yeah they arent always reading and writing like a normal dvr drive and it goes into standby at night. Lot less wear and tear IMO, but the mirror feature means I should not have to worry about much. We stay about 2 months behind at times (currently over 120 hours and watching stuff from before Christmas).

I never saw a Duo before since they don't sell them at stores but only online. I know the 2TB My Book is the WD20EFRX Green and the 4TB is the WD40EZRZ Blue Drive. Don't really know what the differences are between the Green, Red and Blue drives other than they all have the same 5400RPM from what I could tell. I wonder what drives does Dish actually use in the Hoppers. I remember in the old days, the Comcast HD DVR were Motorola boxes, some had Seagates and some had Maxtor drives. The Seagates were not very reliable due to overheating. In my case, lots of my stuff can be up to 4 years behind as there are times when I don't have time to watch something so I just record it. Hopefully it's not U303 that's causing my HD issues as I think those who hot the external HD working had it working on U301 first.

Really depends on the backlog... I'm behind in a lot of things after buying the house as I need to concentrate on the future remodeling and never even had time to unpack many things even though I've moved here 7 years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)