HDTV Locals Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheGatekeeper

Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
I was just wondering if the new HDTV locals also use the spot beam as the regular locals do or if they are all national? I just ask because I picked up the new AT9 dish. I really wanted to do the dish install myself. I followed the directions carefully. At first I thought I was having trouble because I forgot to attatch the filter to the receiver. I have great signal strength on the main birds. The other ones either show nothing or a couple of the transponders show up with a great signal.

It was getting dark and cold out so I didn't want to fool around with it too much. I was just wondering though if I should get a signal on all of the new sats and transponders or if it is like the other where some are high and some are very low or don't even register. My standard locals all come in fine, it's just my HDTV versions that give me a searching for signal. Thanks guys.

TheGatekeeper said:
I was just wondering if the new HDTV locals also use the spot beam as the regular locals do or if they are all national? I just ask because I picked up the new AT9 dish. I really wanted to do the dish install myself. I followed the directions carefully. At first I thought I was having trouble because I forgot to attatch the filter to the receiver. I have great signal strength on the main birds. The other ones either show nothing or a couple of the transponders show up with a great signal.

It was getting dark and cold out so I didn't want to fool around with it too much. I was just wondering though if I should get a signal on all of the new sats and transponders or if it is like the other where some are high and some are very low or don't even register. My standard locals all come in fine, it's just my HDTV versions that give me a searching for signal. Thanks guys.

you will note get a signal on all the sat's(99).

I am going to fine tune it later today. I think I must be close to it as I am getting signals on one of the new sats. But if I read right, those cover nationally, no spot beams? Thanks again guys.

To answer the original question; MPEG4 HD LIL will be spot beamed just like current LIL. AND my guess they will be much tighter beams. Outside of the core stuff, only the DNS is CONUS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts