HDTV over stacked (mdu) signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

h0m3rs1mps0n

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
Ok here's the deal -

I live at an apartment complex that has DirecTV through a 3rd party vendor and they used a stacked signal to provide DirecTV to each apartment complex through coax cabling.

This I understand.

However they said that even with triple LNB, they cannot provide HD channels over this type of connection.

I want to see if this is true or not but I cannot find any information of it anywhere stating whether its possible to get HD channels over a stacked signal or not.

Unfortunately I cannot get my own dish (no LOS) so that is not an option. I have been told if I can come up with a way to get it to work in their headend, they would consider doing it.

What I need to know is can HD signal be converted into a stacked signal? Is there equipment for this? I have tried searching but I don't see anything that would do it on retail sites. I don't really care about cost - I just need to see if it can be done.

Thanks in advance

I just moved into a similar complex in Herndon, VA and have been looking into the same thing.

It looks like it can be done, but they may need to switch out some equipment up front. Do you know what brand the equipment is?

If it is Sonora, check out www.sonoradesign.com. Also search Google for Sonora to find out more.

Let me know your success or lack there of. I called the provider here (MDU Communications) and they said they could not do HD now, but if enough people in the building requested it, they could change something (the rep was non-technical). I want to try and talk to a tech to find out more.

Jay

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)