Heavy rumors of Calipari to Kentucky....

Well, duh, the restrictions on NCAA players are much tighter than they are on coaches. My point was to show he looked at the talent he was going to have at Memphis in the immediate future (hence the bolding of "next couple of years"). He didn't consider Kentucky then, but he is now....

Yeah....so if that is the case....why does he not follow is own words...." you don't leave that"?

THAT is my point.

Yeah....so if that is the case....why does he not follow is own words...." you don't leave that"?

THAT is my point.
Did you read my original post at all??

Once again, in 2007 Calipari said:

“But there may not be a better team than the one I’m going to have for the next couple of years. You don’t leave that.”

The way I interpret that statement today is that he was true to his word in 2007. It's a "couple of years" later and time to reevaluate....

Did you read my original post at all??

Once again, in 2007 Calipari said:

The way I interpret that statement today is that he was true to his word in 2007. It's a "couple of years" later and time to reevaluate....

I read your post....and again....this has nothing to do with the talent he has NOW nor talent he will have in the future....he is just wanting to go the 'chick that has the nicer ass'....though he is still married to the Memphis program.

You don't honestly think he is re-evaluating because of "talent" do you?

I read your post....and again....this has nothing to do with the talent he has NOW nor talent he will have in the future....he is just wanting to go the 'chick that has the nicer ass'....though he is still married to the Memphis program.

You don't honestly think he is re-evaluating because of "talent" do you?

Yes I do. He had the opportunity two years ago and passed on it apparently for the reason he said and was true to his word. Now, he is listening to offers and has the best of both worlds. He either will stay at Memphis with a new richer contract and the best recruiting class in the country, or he will move to a storied basketball program with a new richer contract, and probably bring a couple of those recruits with him. Sounds like he can't go wrong either way!!!

Yes I do. He had the opportunity two years ago and passed on it apparently for the reason he said and was true to his word. Now, he is listening to offers and has the best of both worlds. He either will stay at Memphis with a new richer contract and the best recruiting class in the country, or he will move to a storied basketball program with a new richer contract, and probably bring a couple of those recruits with him. Sounds like he can't go wrong either way!!!

Of course he can't go wrong...because to the NEW program, he will come in as the savior....IF he stays....he did "the morally right things" and "held up his commitment to the program".....:rolleyes:

I'd love it if he would wait until tomorrow to make a decision and then hold a press conference to say he's going to Kentucky....followed by APRIL FOOLS! :D You'd have to put the whole state of Kentucky on suicide watch.

You got it!! It's a great time to be John Calipari!! :up

THAT I will agree with....but I hate coaches that hold their current programs hostage or use them as a stepping stone. IF you are not so sure in staying, sign ONE YEAR contracts.

...personally, I hope he falls flat on his face. But that would be at the risk of the Kentucky Wildcat basketball program.

...I have NO ISSUES with coaches making as much money as they can, but honor your contract....

THAT I will agree with....but I hate coaches that hold their current programs hostage or use them as a stepping stone. IF you are not so sure in staying, sign ONE YEAR contracts.

...personally, I hope he falls flat on his face. But that would be at the risk of the Kentucky Wildcat basketball program.

...I have NO ISSUES with coaches making as much money as they can, but honor your contract....
I agree. Imagine you're a recruit who signed on there because of Calipari and the success he has brought to the program. How would you feel??

He's been successful everywhere he's been at the college level so it's safe to assume he'll be fine at UK.

But, the schools and ADs also bear some responsibility. As long as these "outs" exist in their contracts, coaches will continue to take full advantage of it.

I agree. Imagine you're a recruit who signed on there because of Calipari and the success he has brought to the program. How would you feel??

He's been successful everywhere he's been at the college level so it's safe to assume he'll be fine at UK.

But, the schools and ADs also bear some responsibility. As long as these "outs" exist in their contracts, coaches will continue to take full advantage of it.

The drawing power of Kentucky sure wont hurt him. I always wondered how he was able to recruit so well at Memphis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)