Hello Billy Joel channel Bye Bye Big Bands

What is sad is that I don't believe the 40's on 4 will be back. This Billy Joel channel will air for three months.

I hope at least they make the channel Stereo and up the bandwidth on it as the 40's on 4 sounded terrible at times. (It didn't need stereo since there was none then)

It will be sad if the 40’s don't come back. That means there will be no pre-rock 'n roll music on SiriusXM, since the 50’s channel doesn't play any early 50's pop music. They don't believe there was any music before rock 'n roll that decade.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I will miss the 40s. I think it's STUPID to remove them. A variety of choices is valuable. But I picture some droid seeing that genre X is most popular, so let's cut less viewed and put on more X. Never realizing there's only so much X people will listen to, and spreading it over more channels accomplishes nothing. Meanwhile, they have lost some listeners from 40s and other cut channels.

Thanks for the heads up. I will go to my car and listen to it before it goes away.

Maybe I'll send in a complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I actually lke Billy Joel but if ever there was a performer who gets plenty of air time on terrestrial radio it is Billy Joel.

I am against having any "artist-only" channels. If someone is that big a fan, they can buy the CDs.
Elvis
Bruce
Pearl Jam
Grateful Dead
Semi Jimmy Buffet

Reactions: king3pj
I will miss the 40s. I think it's STUPID to remove them. A variety of choices is valuable. But I picture some droid seeing that genre X is most popular, so let's cut less viewed and put on more X. Never realizing there's only so much X people will listen to, and spreading it over more channels accomplishes nothing. Meanwhile, they have lost some listeners from 40s and other cut channels.

Thanks for the heads up. I will go to my car and listen to it before it goes away.

Maybe I'll send in a complaint.

This, They (Sirius/XM) are probably jumping on the bandwagon since they are based out of NY and Billy Joel has MSG sold out thru most of the year ...

I actually lke Billy Joel but if ever there was a performer who gets plenty of air time on terrestrial radio it is Billy Joel.

I drove through Philadelphia around 2006. Of course, I didn't have by radio's buttons set on any local FM stations, but each cycle through autoscan typically found three or four of his songs being played at the same time.

They're playing Benny Goodman "Good-Bye."

B-Tards!

Now a couple minutes after six and they're still trumpeting how great B J is, and by implication how lucky we are to have the new format. Bah! "Limited Time" - and then some other one trick pony?

Still reads "40s on 4" on my Jetta radio.

Three mins in and they start the music "Captain Jack." Not his best, IMHO. Surely they could have started off stronger.

I guess I'll be buying a few big band CDs at the Amazing place.

And now to figure out what to replace 4 with on my presets!

Think I'm peeved?

WOW! I forgot how depressing that song is!

"Found your father in the swimming pool. Guess I won't be going back to school...."

Next up: "It's still Rock." Better. Still, didn't this guy ever have a happy day?

And with THAT, frisbee fans, I turn off channel 4 for at least 3 months, to the tune of "Baby Grand."

Funny how I got an email from Sirius today to update my prefs. I wonder what kind of message I can send them.....

Wow amazing how quickly they updated the lineup and channel art.

I went out to my Jeep not to long after it changed and was surprised to see the new art as soon as I tuned to the channel.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1395877519.137285.jpg

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Next up: "It's still Rock." Better. Still, didn't this guy ever have a happy day?

And with THAT, frisbee fans, I turn off channel 4 for at least 3 months, to the tune of "Baby Grand."

Funny how I got an email from Sirius today to update my prefs. I wonder what kind of message I can send them.....

I take it really DON'T Like Billy Joel ?

Wow, sounds like your going off the deep end over this ..
There are plenty of other Artist Channels, do you feel this way about them too ?

Who said the 40's won't be back in 3 months ?

Why did they decide to take that spot down anyways, poor ratings ?

Mr. Joel could have went to any slot on the dial.

I take it really DON'T Like Billy Joel ?

Wow, sounds like your going off the deep end over this ..
There are plenty of other Artist Channels, do you feel this way about them too ?

Who said the 40's won't be back in 3 months ?

Why did they decide to take that spot down anyways, poor ratings ?

Mr. Joel could have went to any slot on the dial.

FWIW, the 40's is still on channel 4 ONLINE ... for the time being I suppose.

Rumors spread a few months ago that the 40s and then the 50s channels were going away.

They once claimed to cater to a wide variety of tastes. Now they are narrowing more and more, even within the channels themselves.

Rumors spread a few months ago that the 40s and then the 50s channels were going away.

They once claimed to cater to a wide variety of tastes. Now they are narrowing more and more, even within the channels themselves.

Well aren't you just the beacon of sunshine. :D

I just turned my service back on with my new truck for 6 months. 50's on 5, 80's on 8, Siriusly Sinatra and 40's on 4 along with Radio Classics are what I listen to most. I wish my truck had HD radio so I could get the few local radio subchannels I actually like. Guess the 6 disc changer and aux media connection are going to get some use after all.

Yeah, I've gone overboard over the loss of the 40s. I don't have many Big Band CDs, and am not happy with the ones I have. But if I drop Sirius, that will pay for a few more.

Everything is getting homogenized. And predictable. And dull.

Glad I already dropped their Internet service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)