Hello Carbon Interface, Bye Bye Reliable DVR Experience

Maybe there is a shortage because they are getting ready for the hopper 4 or Doctor Evils plan to get everyone to upgrade with bad software is working. That will be 1 million dollars for a hopper 3

Reactions: littlecloud319
I wouldn't count on a Hopper 4 in 2018. The cow ain't dry yet.

The clock is ticking down FAST on THAT option!

I heard today that the new Hopper Lite will be delayed for a bit and therefore VIP activations will continue for a little while longer. They're not sure whether it will be weeks or months but it will be a while longer.

Even worse, the grandfathered fees go away if you downgrade. Someone going from Hopper to ViP722k would still have to pay the higher rate.

My point is that since Dish has screwed us, they should grandfather, they should permanently grant lower fees to those who upgrade from older equipment that once worked fine because they have purposely foisted upon us inferior software that degrades our watching experience.

The next time we upgrade the fees will go back to what everyone else pays, but for this instance, yes you may call it grandfathering, but it is permanent as long as I stay on the same hardware.

I wonder if that is why they tried to give me a HWS. The H3 I got might have been a refurb. It came shrink-wrapped in plastic instead of a box like all the other equipment the installer used. It looks perfect, but the packaging was different.
I think I read that the packaging was changing to where the receivers are sent several to a case like DTV does it. So instead of each box having a receiver, a remote, an HDMI cable, etc, the tech's van will have shelves of receivers, boxes for remotes, etc. You nay have had a tech with this setup, possibly?? Just a guess

Reactions: ncted
I think I read that the packaging was changing to where the receivers are sent several to a case like DTV does it. So instead of each box having a receiver, a remote, an HDMI cable, etc, the tech's van will have shelves of receivers, boxes for remotes, etc. You nay have had a tech with this setup, possibly?? Just a guess
Yep, that is how the St Louis DISH office does things now.

Reactions: ncted and HipKat
I heard today that the new Hopper Lite will be delayed for a bit and therefore VIP activations will continue for a little while longer. They're not sure whether it will be weeks or months but it will be a while longer.
I could have guessed that. ;)

The clock is ticking down FAST on THAT option!
Did we ever get a definitive answer whether Dish will still reactivate a purchased ViP722k (or maybe only if it was already previously tied to your account) after that date? I thought that the ViP cut-off was only for new customer accounts.

Reactions: HipKat
... Did we ever get a definitive answer whether Dish will still reactivate a purchased ViP722k (or maybe only if it was already previously tied to your account) after that date? I thought that the ViP cut-off was only for new customer accounts.

From what I'm told the first date will be the cut off for new customer activations. Then there will be another date that will stop all VIP activations, but my guess is that will be quite a while from now. They eventually want to get rid of all the legacy stuff. Believe it or not the VIP stuff has been around for more than 10 years.

From what I'm told the first date will be the cut off for new customer activations. Then there will be another date that will stop all VIP activations, but my guess is that will be quite a while from now. They eventually want to get rid of all the legacy stuff. Believe it or not the VIP stuff has been around for more than 10 years.
I believe it. I got my first ViP211 (original model) in 2006, and I still have another ViP211 (original model) that still somewhat functions.

Reactions: JSheridan
The number of functions Ive lost since the CUI Downgrade continues. Beside having to do a RBR just to get Pandora to work, it has started skipping songs. A song starts, my favorites it seems and it totally skips or skips to the last seconds of the song. I signed into Pandora on my Roku and Yeah No Problem. what a cluster fudge Dish has gave us in the CUI.
So let me count the ways the other ways CUI has screwed me.
X4 gone
watch-listen to my music recordings using the edit-select-play no longer functional
swap channels instantaneously Gone. Not only does the banner for the show im swapping to show, so does the show im swapping From, Plus the black screen in between. Apparently the Dish engineers think we are so stupid we not only need a banner to know the channel were swapping to, we need to know the channel were swapping from.
The search function no longer shows everything about the show i searched. Like, all showings-recorded, on demand, live, upcoming, similar shows. NO. I no longer get all info about the show i searched. Instead, at first i get a list of (Probably) sponsored crap that has nothing to do with the show i searched. Since i got the CUI many shows don't record properly so all i want is the next showing and i have to jump through hoops just to find a show.
Black screens and freeze ups. Trying to watch two football games and a baseball at once tonight w/i got a black screen. Which my hws did with ease before CUI.
So many more but im tired of typing. The CUI barely worked on the H3 i had. But according to some people on this board its my fault the CUI doesn't work because of the way i watch tv.
As Ive said before, Ive been with Dish since the Charlie Chats. But, I Swear, the CUI makes me swear at least once a day. Yeah its only TV. TV i pay a triple digit fee for every month. TV that used to be simple before CUI.

I am also not a fan of the CUI "upgrade" to my HWS. My HWS used to operate very fast, now it is somewhat slow. It is like my receiver moved back a generation in speed. I thought an upgrade was supposed to improve things? Although I do like the new dark theme, I have yet to find anything that the new CUI does any better than the old interface.

The one thing that Dish can do to help mitigate our displeasure with the CUI is to please bring back the 4x FF speed. Removing 4x FF in order to "simplify" the interface was a very very bad decision. Including 4X FF is a simple software change. Why is Dish so tone deaf on this issue?

OK, this one has p**sd me off since the cui downgrade. I'm watching a movie on tuner number 1. im watching and using the recall button on two football games on tuner 2. So, i hit the recall button on tuner 2, which should "recall" the other football game i want to go BACK to on tuner 2. But NO the cui tunes to the channel on tuner number one.
I can watch three things at once. Isn't that what the swap and recall features are for?
Besides all the black screens my hws goes through while it decides what to do. Things that were instantaneous, like swap, or menu, or guide. A person shouldn't curse the tv box everyday like i do now. I have to reset my tv guide about every 4-5 times a day since CUI
Five months til this Formally loyally dish customers contract is up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts