Hello Carbon Interface, Bye Bye Reliable DVR Experience

count me as another that dislikes the new cui. It has really slowed down both of my HWS. It has also caused a problem with my wireless joey. Now when I turn on the wireless joey, the picture comes on, then blinks back off for a couple of seconds before staying on for good. It never did this on the old system. I also don't like that if there are conflicts on one HWS , it doesn't let you resolve the problem by pushing one of the recordings to the 2nd HWS. I also used the 4X a lot & now it is gone. Dish takes a step forward & 2 steps back on these so called up grades

The update never should have gone to the H2K and HWS. Especially the H2K and it's ridiculous for them to think they could have handled it. I think it should have just been p[art of the H3 experience. New receiver, new UI. The Hopper sling is a little better but the H2K is practically disabled now

The update never should have gone to the H2K and HWS. Especially the H2K and it's ridiculous for them to think they could have handled it. I think it should have just been p[art of the H3 experience. New receiver, new UI. The Hopper sling is a little better but the H2K is practically disabled now

The engineers actually warned corporate it wouldn’t run on the H2K but they decided to shove it on there anyway. Dish knew it wasn’t capable of properly handling it. They just saw profit from the forced need to upgrade.

Reactions: Jim S. and HipKat
The engineers actually warned corporate it wouldn’t run on the H2K but they decided to shove it on there anyway. Dish knew it wasn’t capable of properly handling it. They just saw profit from the forced need to upgrade.

Supposedly, new connect H2K's were supposed to stop downloading the CUI, but I still see them doing it

Reactions: littlecloud319
So, where's the ambulance chaser to file a class action suit against Dish for purposely desecrating the equipment we lease/buy from them, and charging us for their screw-up.

So, where's the ambulance chaser to file a class action suit against Dish for purposely desecrating the equipment we lease/buy from them, and charging us for their screw-up.

If I was a Dish shareholder, I'd sue them for wasting money paying engineers to design new software when there was nothing (well, not much anyway) wrong with the old software.

If I was a Dish shareholder, I'd sue them for wasting money paying engineers to design new software when there was nothing (well, not much anyway) wrong with the old software.

Do you really sue people in real life as much as you threaten to on the forums?

Someone, somehow, needs to get Dish Network's attention.

They have converted a perfectly good product into an almost unusable one (Hopper 2000).

They have converted an excellent product into an inferior one (Hopper with Sling).

So, they want us to upgrade to a nicer product??? (Hopper 3) but with higher DVR fees associated.

They should freeze fees for everyone who upgrades from an H1 or an H2 to the H3 at the level of the original product just because of their shortsightedness.

I am holding off on upgrading from my two H2 + one J1.0 system to an H3 until they work all the kinks and out and restore some of the very nice functionality the H2 had (4X FWD, OTA problems, etc.) with the old OS, not to mention the extra monthly jab to the pocket book ($60/year) the H3 carries.

Someone, somehow, needs to get Dish Network's attention.

They have converted a perfectly good product into an almost unusable one (Hopper 2000).

They have converted an excellent product into an inferior one (Hopper with Sling).

So, they want us to upgrade to a nicer product??? (Hopper 3) but with higher DVR fees associated.

They should freeze fees for everyone who upgrades from an H1 or an H2 to the H3 at the level of the original product just because of their shortsightedness.

I am holding off on upgrading from my two H2 + one J1.0 system to an H3 until they work all the kinks and out and restore some of the very nice functionality the H2 had (4X FWD, OTA problems, etc.) with the old OS, not to mention the extra monthly jab to the pocket book ($60/year) the H3 carries.

The grandfathered fees go away anytime you upgrade. Even for someone going from H2K to HWS would have to pay the new fees. Something you just have to live with.

Good luck with upgrading to H3 anyway. They're on requisition in both Atlanta and Denver ditro's

Do you really sue people in real life as much as you threaten to on the forums?

I haven't sued anyone, nor have I threatened to. I have no grounds, since I neither have a first-generation Hopper nor am a Dish shareholder.

Let's review:

1) Dish has apparently said that the Carbon UI was un-usable on the first-generation Hopper. Then they pushed it to those machines anyway. Clear case of releasing a defective product!

2) Every time I or anyone complain about a company not satisfying its customers, someone feels obligated to point out that a company has no duty to satisfy its customers, only to generate a profit for its shareholders. Therefore, the shareholders would be within their rights to object to the company squandering money on unnecessary "upgrades", to say nothing of alienating customers.

Reactions: Gobucks
I have been with dish for 17 years and I can say that they have made a lot of great receivers and a lot of boat anchors . I think the great receivers and software out number the bad . I am going to upgrade my 922 to a hopper 3 eventually. Remember it's only Tv nothing to get to upset over.

I have been with dish for 17 years and I can say that they have made a lot of great receivers and a lot of boat anchors . I think the great receivers and software out number the bad . I am going to upgrade my 922 to a hopper 3 eventually. Remember it's only Tv nothing to get to upset over.
Whoo, Woah, I love TV. It upsets me big time if it has issues. :)

Indeed

That's what we're being told

I wonder if that is why they tried to give me a HWS. The H3 I got might have been a refurb. It came shrink-wrapped in plastic instead of a box like all the other equipment the installer used. It looks perfect, but the packaging was different.

The grandfathered fees go away anytime you upgrade. Even for someone going from H2K to HWS would have to pay the new fees. Something you just have to live with.
Even worse, the grandfathered fees go away if you downgrade. Someone going from Hopper to ViP722k would still have to pay the higher rate. :(

Is there a H3 shortage issue?
You contributed to that. You have two of them. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts