HELP: 921 reboots when Sat #1 feed connected to input 1

fatheroftwo

Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
Hello,

I got a 921 the keeps rebooting once it locks signal from sat feed #1. It is okay with Sat feed #2, however, I do not get the preview channels or the upgrade with Sat feed 2 only. I got this unit at ebay and the owner confirms that it was working fine for her.

I tried the unit with different dish configuration; legacy, dishpro, even a direct cable to a dual dishpro pointed at 119 but no luck so far, any advice to get this puppy going? it is at L219 and I need it to upgrade to L276 but without getting it locking at L276, the upgrade won't happen?

You have a defective 921. Call up Dish and have them replace it. That has happened to several of us.

I had a 921 that was working just fine. I disconnected it for several months. When I went to plug it back in, it rebooted as soon as the satellite signal hit tuner 1.

Don't forget about grounding - the 921 is more sensitive to grounding issues than any other satellite receiver ever sold

Dish does not want to do anything with it as it is out of warranty, so I have to get it fixed or I'm out of large amount of $$$.

So can someone elaborate a bit on the grounding part? Is this the coax grounding or the coax and dish grounding? and do I have to take it all the way to the electrical panel ground?

The coax should be grounded and the receiver should be plugged into a properly grounded outlette but none of these are what is causing your problem, you got sold a doorstop basicly. Check your ebay payment method provider to see if you selected any kind of "lemon" insurance on the payment, if not then start reading through the forums on repairing or you can gut the receiver for the had drive.

Call Dish back. They will probably offer you the DHPP warranty and then you can send it in.

I will buy it from you. PM me if you decide to sell it. I assume the card/account is clear and it can be added to another account ? Sometimes the ebay stuff gets a little fishy...but I am interested.

With out the sat hooked up do a check switch it will clean the check switch window turn it off with the remote unplug it hook the tuners up to a pro lnb plug it back in leave it for 4 days turn it on with the remote do not go back in to check switch if the ch 101 and the guide is there only then do a check switch and it will go through after the check switch turn it off with the remote and it will take the update >> if you turn it on and all you get is black screen turn it off with the remote and check it again later it might take 5 to 8 days works for me

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)